A delicious copycat recipe for Homemade Baileys Irish Cream! Creamy, flavourful and so easy to make. Ready to enjoy in 5 minutes.
If you love Baileys then you will absolutely LOVE this Homemade Irish Cream copycat recipe! It’s SO creamy and delicious…it tastes so good you’ll never want to buy the real stuff again.
Homemade Baileys is Delicious!
We absolutely love Baileys…as far as drinks go, it’s a staple in our home, especially during the holiday season. There’s just nothing better than a glass of Baileys over ice, as you sit next to a cozy fire. Or a hot coffee with a splash. The best. We love it so much, we’ve wanted to make our own. And I’m here to tell you, this homemade Baileys recipe is SO good.
So simple and quick to make.
You might be surprised to hear how easy Homemade Baileys is to make. Honestly, if you have 5 minutes you can make it. The ingredients are also really easy to find. And the best part? This Homemade Baileys ready to enjoy right away.
Makes great Christmas gifts!
If you love to give homemade gifts to friends and family, homemade Baileys is a great option! This recipe makes a good sized batch, so you can give one bottle to a friend and keep on for yourself! Fill decorative glass bottles, tie on some pretty ribbon, and you have a perfect gift.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Irish Cream Recipe Tips:
- Cream: Use heavy cream or half & half. One will be very creamy, one will be a little less creamy, but still creamy. But make sure to use cream because anything with low cream content will curdle.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetened condensed milk is sweet and like a thick syrup. Buy the 14 ounce can.
- Chocolate Syrup: Use just simple chocolate syrup or topping (like Smuckers, Nesquick, Hersheys)
- Instant Coffee: Make sure to use instant coffee because it’s more concentrated than regular coffee. You can use regular decaf. TIP: Mix the coffee granules with a little of the whisky to dissolve it before adding it to the blender. This just helps to dissolve it better.
- Whiskey: Use an Irish whiskey for this Baileys recipe. We like to use Jamesons.
- Use a blender! To make sure this Baileys is creamy and smooth, make sure to use a blender to mix it. Blend on LOW/MEDIUM…if you over whip your Baileys will separate.
- When can you drink homemade Baileys? You can enjoy this drink right away, but it is the best if it sits for a day or two so the flavours have time to meld together.
- Storage: Store the Baileys in a tightly sealed glass container in your fridge.
- How long will homemade Baileys last? You can keep homemade Baileys in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Shake it before you enjoy it! Make sure to give your homemade Baileys a quick shake before you enjoy it…the ingredients may settle a little over time.
- How to enjoy Baileys: Pour it over ice, sip and enjoy! Add it to a cup of coffee. Make a cold brew coffee with it. Stir some in hot chocolate. Pour it over ice cream. Use it in baking.
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!