I have a deep love affair of holiday lattes from Starbucks…especially eggnog lattes. But we all know that these treats can really add up, so why not make one at home? Or something similar, but equally as delicious! Honestly though, I can’t tell the difference between my Starbucks eggnog latte, and this one that I make at home…and that is saying something…I’m an eggnog latte expert after all these drinks I’ve had over my lifetime haha 😉
By whisking the eggnog and cream on the stove, you get a frothy but creamy eggnog mixture that you just add to your coffee. You don’t even have to have an espresso machine to make these. I always thought you needed one to enjoy drinks like this at home…I know traditional lattes require espresso, but this recipe tastes just the same. They’re creamy and full of coffee and eggnog flavours. So delicious…I look forward to these in the morning!
We’ve been enjoying these festive drinks in mugs from this gorgeous set of Denby (the pattern is called Cordoba). I was lucky enough to have been sent a little gift set and I immediately fell in love. The patterns on all the pieces just grabbed me…the details are so pretty. I love reaching for my mug, and scooping coffee out of my canister…it really is the most beautiful set. Perfect dish ware for enjoying homemade lattes…who says Christmas has to be traditional colours all the time?
Anyway, you really should try this. I think you’re going to love it!Print
Homemade Eggnog Latte
Homemade eggnog lattes at home without having to use an espresso machine.
- Yield: 1
- 1 cup of strong hot fresh coffee
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup cream (I use half & half)
- 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- sugar (optional – see notes)
- whip cream
- In a small saucepan on the stove over low to medium heat, simmer and whisk together the eggnog, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for about 3 minutes. Whisk constantly so the mix doesn’t burn. You will see that the mixture will begin to get a bit frothy.
- In the mean time, make yourself a cup of hot coffee.
- When the eggnog mixture has been heated thoroughly add it to the coffee.
- To make it extra delicious add some whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Sugar can (or not be) added depending on how sweet you want your latte. Eggnog on its own is quite sweet, so you may not need the extra sugar.
– – – –
Have a delicious day! Hopefully one that starts out with a delicious and homemade eggnog latte!