Baked Salmon with Pasta & Fresh Herbs, a delicious and easy baked salmon recipe with a creamy mustard sauce, served over pasta with fresh herbs.
– – – – – –
Over the last few years almond milk has become a staple in our home. We use it regularly in smoothies, and I often use it interchangeably with milk in my baking. I find that the texture and flavours are so good with almond milk that I really enjoy experimenting with it.
Recently I was given the opportunity to try 4 delicious almond milk flavours from the Canadian company, Almond Fresh: Almond Fresh Original, Almond Fresh Unsweetened, Almond Fresh Vanilla and Almond Fresh Chocolate. I’ve been experimenting with them in my baking and smoothies, and even some dinner recipes. All of the Almond Fresh flavours are really delicious as drinks in themselves as well…especially the Almond Fresh Chocolate…oh my it’s so perfect in smoothies!
But something I just learned recently is that almond milk isn’t just for smoothies and baking, in fact it can be used in other recipes like sauces and dinner recipes. This Baked Salmon dish is just that kind of recipe.
This dish was easy to assemble and the results were great! We are big fans of salmon, so this new recipe was fun to try!
The sauce, which has Almond Fresh Unsweetened almond milk as a main ingredient, is creamy and so flavourful. It pairs perfectly with the baked salmon, fresh herbs and noodles. We really enjoyed this dish, and everyone said it’s a repeater!Print
Baked Salmon over Pasta with Fresh Herbs
- Category: Fish
- 2 cups Almond Fresh Unsweetened (warmed)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- ½ cup soft goat cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz salmon fillets (skin on (about 3 to 4 each))
- 4 cups rigatoni (fusilli or penne pasta, uncooked)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ cup fresh dill (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh chives (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (finely chopped)
Making the sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine olive oil and flour. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture starts to brown.
- Using a whisk, stir warm Almond Fresh into the flour mixture and continue whisking, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Dijon mustard, thyme, crumbled goat cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cover and set aside. Makes 2½ cups sauce.
Putting it all together:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place fish on a large baking pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Making the pasta:
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Once cooked, reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid and set aside, then drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Add reserved liquid and olive oil to the pasta and set over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until evenly heated through. Remove from heat and stir in herbs.
- Serve individual plates of pasta topped with a piece of salmon and a generous drizzle of warm sauce.
For another dinner recipe that uses almond milk in the ingredients, check out this Potato Frittata!
Have a delicious day!
Disclosure: This post has been generously sponsored by Rogers Media Inc. I have been compensated for my time and product, but all opinions are my own, as always. I only partner with brands that I enjoy and use in my own home! 🙂