These Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are soft, sweet and so delicious! And a favourite with raisin haters! 😉
There’s something so comforting about a soft and chewy cinnamon oatmeal cookie. They’re like a hug. Just warm and familiar. So today I’m sharing a hug with you…in the form of these Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies.
Let’s talk for a moment about raisins. Do your oatmeal cookies have to have raisins? Are you in the yes or no to raisins camp?
Truth is that I have always made oatmeal cookies with raisins…I’m not even sure why except I think I thought I was supposed to. But why?! My kids don’t even actually like raisins in their cookies, so I decided to leave them out of this batch, and they were a hit!
My youngest took one bite and the first thing he said to me was, “I’m glad there are no raisins in them”. Hahaha! Kids are the best.
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg. Mix. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oats, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Then combine the butter mix and the flour mix.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
More Delicious Oatmeal Cookie Recipes:
- Dad’s Cookies
- Forest Rangers
- Monster Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Have a delicious day!