These Monster Cookies are soft, chewy, crunchy and full of delicious peanut butter flavour! This easy recipe makes a big batch, so enjoy some now, freeze some for later. These truly are the best monster cookies!
About these cookies:
These monster cookies are a peanut butter oatmeal cookie loaded up with yummy chocolate candies. So if you’re looking for a thick and chewy peanut butter cookie these are it!
Fun for Halloween!
These cookies are a perfect cookie for any time of year, but they’re especially fun for Halloween, after all they are called Monster Cookies! Make them super fun by dressing them up with candy corn or candy eyeballs, kids love this! You can even make these cookies for any time year…add red and green candies and make them Christmas monster cookies, or pink and red for Valentine’s Day, the possibilities are endless.
Makes a big batch.
One of the greatest things about baking these chewy monster cookies is how your house will smell when they’re in the oven, like a scrumptious bakery! And to top it all off, the best part is that this recipe makes a huge batch of cookies (about 4 dozen medium sized cookies), so you will have plenty to enjoy and plenty to freeze for later. Big batch cookie baking is the best.
Monster Cookie Recipe Tips
- PEANUT BUTTER: Use creamy peanut butter (smooth or chunky peanut butter), NOT natural peanut butter.
- OATS: You can use old-fashioned oats or quick oats for these cookies.
- CORN SYRUP: If you don’t have corn syrup feel free to substitute it with honey.
- CANDY ADD INS: You can use milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, Reese’s Pieces, white chocolate chips or m&m candies.
- OTHER CANDY OPTIONS: You add extra candy corn, sprinkles or candy eyeballs to the top of the cookies before baking.
- STORAGE: Keep in an airtight container.
- FREEZING: These cookies freeze well. Keep in a ziplock freezer bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Chewy Cookie Tip!
If you like soft and chewy cookies, bake them for 11-12 minutes. But if you like a more crunchy cookie bake them a little longer, about 12-15 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these classic monster cookies are much as we do! Have a delicious day!