Thanksgiving: Harvest Apple & Herb Stuffing
This Harvest Apple & Herb Stuffing is my go-to recipe for stuffing! It’s buttery, rich and so flavourful. And it soaks up gravy amazingly!!
Harvest Apple & Herb Stuffing
This Harvest Apple & Herb Stuffing is buttery, rich and so flavourful. A perfect side dish with roasted turkey or chicken!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup butter
- 8 – 9 cups cubed bread (I like to use a mix of white (whole wheat and pumpernickel))
- 1 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins and apples
- In a large fry pan, cook celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Add bread cubes, and mix until the bread is coated in butter.
- Add salt, spices, raisins and apples. Combine well.
At this point you can do either of two things:
- Stuff your turkey with the stuffing and bake it that way, or
- Bake the stuffing separately. To do this, put the stuffing in a casserole dish, cover it, and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven, for 45 minutes. Then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
Stuffing Recipe Tips:
- You can use any kind of bread that you wish. All white, or mix in whole wheat, raisin bread, cranberry multi-grain…
- Use real butter, not margarine. It makes all the difference with the flavour!
Thanksgiving Dinner Menu:
- Traditional Roast Turkey with Pan Gravy
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Brown Sugar & Rosemary Squash Wedges
- Braided Squash Crescent (Bread)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pickles, Olives
- Pumpkin Pie with Vanilla Whip Cream
- Pecan Pie
once again…FABULOUS recipe!!!! i make something similar and then top it with a portabello mushroom gravy : ) hugs and tons of thanks!!!!
This looks so gorgeous!
Woah! This looks so yummy!!
Oh wow! So many yummies!! 🙂 I scrolled down, and the butternut squash pie really caught my eye. Looks delicious! 🙂
I was searching for other Canadian Blogs when I came by yours, Jo-Anna. Refreshing, bright & easy to follow without being complicated. I love “simple”. I will bookmark your blog, or be adding it to my google reader list so I am able to drop in from time to time for more visits.