A rich and delicious recipe for Pecan Pie. Made with a creamy filling with pecans in a tender flaky pie crust. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Hello friends! Have I told you lately how thankful I am to have you here? Well I am. I really am. I look forward to sharing with you everyday! Today I’m sharing a delicious recipe for Pecan Pie! Oh my do I love pie, especially Pecan Pie.
This pie is creamy and rich and sure to be a crowd pleaser. Many people are intimidated by making pecan pie, but don’t be, this recipe is very easy, and you will be so thrilled with the results. So let’s go make pie.
Pecan Recipe Tips:
Here are some quick tips before we get started.
- Pecans: Make sure you toast the pecans…toasting makes them very flavourful. Just be careful to watch the toasting process so that the nuts don’t burn.
- Chopped or Whole Pecans? I prefer chunky chopped pecans, but you can certainly used whole pecans. If you use whole pecans you might want to toss in a few extra so your pie isn’t runny.
- How can you tell when the pie is done? When you gently jiggle the pie, the centre should not be gooey…it should appear set.
- Let it sit! Let your pecan pie set for at least 1 hour or more. Overnight is great and helpful too, because anything you can get done the day before a big dinner is a winner!
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Leftover Egg Whites: You will end up with 8 egg whites, so why not use them to make Eton Mess! This Eton Mess recipe is so delicious!
Pecan Pie Filling Recipe from finecooking.com
I was so happy with this pie I have to tell you. It was creamy and rich…and just SO good. My son even said it was his most favourite pie of all time. And this from a kid that doesn’t even like pecans. Now that’s sayin’ something! Enjoy!
And just for fun, here’s a little action shot of my mom & I whisking, whisking, whisking!
In case you are interested, here is my full Thanksgiving menu….I know, this looks like a lot, but we had quite a few mouths to feed, and honestly, I did a lot of the prep work and cooking the day before. And with the help from my hubby, sister and mom on the big day we managed to pull off a delish Thanksgiving dinner!
Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Ideas:
- Traditional Roast Turkey and Gravy
- Braided Pumpkin Bread
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Wild Rice Stuffing
- Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Roasted Brown Sugar & Rosemary Squash Wedges
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Turnip Puff
- Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Pumpkin Delight Dessert
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie