These Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes are SO delicious. A delicious white cupcake with a creamy pudding filling, all topped off with a rich chocolate ganache.
Well there’s a Boston Creme Pie Cupcake bandwagon, and I’ve jumped on it. With 2 feet. These cupcakes are fun, and so delicious! Perfect for birthday parties or any fun occasion!
They’re Almost Homemade!
These cupcakes are so simple to make. This recipe uses a box cake mix, and a box pudding mix. Sometimes almost homemade is the best way to bake. Takes the pressure off, and tastes amazing. Win-win.
Homemade Chocolate Ganache
The chocolate ganache on these cupcakes is amazing. It’s so easy to make and so delicious. Rich and so chocolatey…it’s the perfect topping to these tasty little cakes.
- Cake Mix: You can use a yellow/golden or white cake mix for these.
- Pudding: Use vanilla pudding powder. Regular or instant both work fine.
- Chocolate for the Ganache: Use a semi-sweet chocolate baking bar like Baker’s
- Filling the cupcakes with the pudding centre: There are 2 options for doing this.
- Option #1: You can squeeze the pudding into the centre of the cupcake, taking care to not overfill, or your cupcake will split. (I used this method, and it worked fine, except some cupcakes had a lot of pudding, and some not so much. With this method it’s hard to know how much pudding goes in.)
- Option #2: Or, you can cut a core out in the centre of your cupcake and fill that. I think I would try this next time.
- How long do these stay fresh? These cupcakes are best enjoyed within 2 days of making them, they’re best on the first day (boxed cake mixes tend to dry out quickly).
- Can I freeze these cupcakes? I don’t recommend it.
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!