These Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delicious summer treat! Just place a scoop of creamy peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies and enjoy!
Yesterday I posted my peanut butter cookies made 3 ways. But when I made them I originally had this idea in mind…these peanut butter cookie ice cream sandwiches. These delicious treats are peanut butter cookies smooshed onto a big scoop of creamy peanut butter ice cream. Oh yes. Pure deliciousness. Peanut buttery, gooey, sweet yumminess! And perfect for summer.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Tips:
- ICE CREAM: You can use any ice cream you like including peanut butter, chocolate, vanilla…the possibilities are endless!
- ASSEMBLY: Make sure that the cookies are completely cooled before adding the ice cream.
- PERFECT FOR PARTIES! These would make an excellent barbecue party treat!
- MAKE AHEAD: These are easy to make ahead. Just assemble and keep in an airtight container in your freezer until you’re ready to serve.
Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
These Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delicious summer treat! Just place a scoop of creamy peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 ice cream sandwiches 1x
- Category: Frozen Treat
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Peanut Butter Cookie:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ice Cream Filling:
- peanut butter ice cream
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, beating them in one at a time.
- Add peanut butter. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls, then place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, gently flatten down the balls of dough. I like to criss cross my pattern. It looks pretty!
- Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes. I bake mine for 9 minutes at the most because we like soft chewy cookies. If you want to bake them longer, watch them closely after about 9 minutes, because they go from perfect to burnt really fast!
Putting together the ice cream sandwiches:
- After the cookies have cooled completely, place a scoop of peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies!
Keywords: ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter ice cream sandwiches
PIN IT to make later!
Make sure to follow my Popsicles and Frozen Treats Pinterest Board for more delicious ideas!
– – – – –I hope you love these! Have a delicious day!