Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
These Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delicious summer treat! Just place a scoop of creamy peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies and enjoy!
Yesterday I posted my peanut butter cookies made 3 ways. But when I made them I originally had this idea in mind…these peanut butter cookie ice cream sandwiches. These delicious treats are peanut butter cookies smooshed onto a big scoop of creamy peanut butter ice cream. Oh yes. Pure deliciousness. Peanut buttery, gooey, sweet yumminess! And perfect for summer.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Tips:
- ICE CREAM: You can use any ice cream you like including peanut butter, chocolate, vanilla…the possibilities are endless!
- ASSEMBLY: Make sure that the cookies are completely cooled before adding the ice cream.
- PERFECT FOR PARTIES! These would make an excellent barbecue party treat!
- MAKE AHEAD: These are easy to make ahead. Just assemble and keep in an airtight container in your freezer until you’re ready to serve.
Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
These Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delicious summer treat! Just place a scoop of creamy peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 ice cream sandwiches 1x
- Category: Frozen Treat
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Peanut Butter Cookie:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ice Cream Filling:
- peanut butter ice cream
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, beating them in one at a time.
- Add peanut butter. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls, then place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, gently flatten down the balls of dough. I like to criss cross my pattern. It looks pretty!
- Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes. I bake mine for 9 minutes at the most because we like soft chewy cookies. If you want to bake them longer, watch them closely after about 9 minutes, because they go from perfect to burnt really fast!
Putting together the ice cream sandwiches:
- After the cookies have cooled completely, place a scoop of peanut butter ice cream between 2 freshly baked peanut butter cookies!
Keywords: ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter ice cream sandwiches
PIN IT to make later!
MORE DELICIOUS FROZEN SUMMER TREATS:
Make sure to follow my Popsicles and Frozen Treats Pinterest Board for more delicious ideas!
– – – – –I hope you love these! Have a delicious day!
OHHH these look AWESOME! Perfect summer treat.
Yum!! I’ve seen the peanut butter cookie ice cream sandwiches, pre-made, at Superstore. Yours look a million times tastier! I’ll have to check out yesterday’s post, I missed it. I love making cookie ice cream sandwiches. It’s fun to roll the ice cream sides in sprinkles too! What little kid doesn’t love sprinkles? : )
Why hadn’t I thought of this?!?!? Mmmm must make!
Oh yeah! This looks absolutely scrumptious! It might be because that ice cream is my ultimate fave flavour from Superstore. I may need another tub of it soon….Too bad about my diet….
Oh man, those look like pure trouble. Sooooo yummy!
Wow these look so decadent! I may have to tuck this recipe away for my hubby’s birthday – he is a real peanut butter lover! Have a great weekend. Becks x
These do look delicious Jo-Anna! I love peanut butter cookies. Greetings from Atlanta. Also, I’m hosting a blog giveaway – a cute pair of silver earrings. Hurry on over – it ends tomorrow! 😉
They look SO good Jo-Anna! Beautiful post…as always! Have a lovely weekend! Angie xo
Wow, these look delicious! I love how you staged your photo too – beautiful with the turquoise accents.
~Steph @ Silver Boxes
Thank you so much Steph!
I love peanut butter anything and summer time is the perfect time enjoy ice cream sandwiches. They look really yummy Jo-Anna, and I like you you presented them tied. I’m having a Grill, BBQ, and Picnic party later this month and would love for you to link this post up then. Details are on my blog if you’re interested.
I love ice cream sandwiches! These look AMAZING! Thanks for the idea!
Rebecca @ heronscrafts.blogspot.com
Looks delish…..what a great summer treat!
Thanks! They’re perfect for summer! Yum!
These look wonderful, I’m pinning so I can make them later, thanks for posting!
Beautiful photo of some very delicious-looking treats! Congrats on getting published on Food Gawker!
YUM! Now I want these soooo badly.
That looks so good!!!!
Omg these look so amazing! Definitely pinning these to be making ASAP! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Jody!
must find peanut butter ice cream…..
Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays, hope to see you back next week.
Those look fantastic! I’ve seen ice cream sandwiches with chocolate chip cookies, etc but the peanut butter is a fun new twist.
Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty
Thank you Alayna!