These Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are such a fun summer treat. Make a batch of homemade cookies and fill them with ice cream, then let the kids decorate!
A few years ago when my daughter turned 5, I made these ice cream sandwiches instead of cake, and they were such a hit with the kids! Not only are they pretty, but they are so, so delicious! I made these sandwiches with double chocolate cookies, filled them with vanilla ice cream, then decorated the sides with colourful chocolate candies. Easy, pretty and so tasty!
Not only do these cookies make great ice cream sandwiches, but they are also great cookie jar filler! They’re soft, chewy and so chocolatey. And makes a big batch.
Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Tips:
- ICE CREAM: You can use any ice cream you like including peanut butter, chocolate, vanilla…the possibilities are endless!
- ASSEMBLY: Make sure that the cookies are completely cooled before adding the ice cream.
- CANDY: I used smarties for these ice cream sandwiches but you can use any chocolate candy or even sprinkles!
- PERFECT FOR PARTIES: These would make a great dessert for a July 1st or July 4th backyard party, just use different colours of candies! For a party, you could even let your guests decorate the ice cream sandwiches themselves.
- MAKE AHEAD: You can make these ice cream sandwiches ahead of time. Just keep them in an airtight container in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
PIN IT to make later!
Make sure to follow my Popsicles and Frozen Treats Pinterest Board for more delicious ideas!
Have a delicious day!