Roasted Vegetable Tortilla Lasagna
I love Pinterest. I love all the inspiration and pretty things! And it’s a safe place to dream and eat! But, instead of just pinning things all the time, I actually want to try to create more…more recipes, more crafts!
I’m always looking for new recipes to feed my family, and Pinterest is full of fabulous food ideas! I recently came across a pin from Perry’s Plate for a recipe called Stacked Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas. The recipe looked like something we would love! Perfect for a Meatless Monday!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can tailor it to your likes. Use which ever vegetables you like. Which ever cheese you like. The recipe combinations are endless!
I don’t know what I was thinking, but I forgot to take pictures of the dish after baking…so these pictures are of the dish before it even made it into the oven. It’s looks so pretty and delish even before serving time!
This recipe was a hit! It’s a keeper! It will be fabulous all year round using seasonal vegetables…my kind of recipe! We were most surprised by how flavourful this dish was. I wondered if it would be bland, but it wasn’t at all. It was really, really, really tasty! I think the roasting of the vegetables with the garlic and the perfect amount of spice, make the flavour so rich!
Roasted Vegetable Tortilla Lasagna
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Total Time: 120 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 slices bell peppers (cut into, I used 1 green and 1 yellow)
- 1/4 head of cauliflower (cut into bite sized chunks)
- 1 small yam (peeled and cut into bite sized chunks)
- 1 onion (cut into half and sliced)
- 1 small zucchini (sliced thin)
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese (You can use any kind you like. I used marble.)
- 6 to rtillas (You can use corn or whole wheat tortillas., I used 2 small tortillas for each layer.)
- Sour cream for serving.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lightly oiling it.
- Have all your vegetables cut up, then toss them with the oil, garlic, cumin and salt & pepper.
- Spread the vegetables out onto the cookie sheet, and bake them for 30-40 minutes, but make sure to shake the pan or stir them every 10 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Once the vegetables are done, remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Combine the salsa with the chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Now it’s time to put it all together! Get out an 8×8 baking dish.
- Spread out 1/3 of the salsa mixture, into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer on the tortillas to completely cover the salsa. (I used 2 small ones for each layer.)
- Layer on 1/3 of the roasted vegetables.
- Layer on 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Layer on another layer of tortillas, then 1/3 of salsa, 1/3 of the veggies, 1/3 of the cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas.
- Spread on the rest of the vegetables, then the salsa, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned and the dish is bubbling.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream! Yum!
Recipe adapted from Perry’s Plate
Now you might be wondering why I changed the name of the recipe…When I asked my family what they thought this dish was, the kids said lasagna! And I have to agree, it seems more like a lasagna to me, but with tortillas instead of noodles, and salsa instead of pasta sauce. But really, you can call it what ever you like! Enjoy!
PS. If you are on Pinterest and are interested, I would love for you to follow me!
I feel the same way about Pinterest..LOVE it but I have been pinning less and making more. This recipe looks SOOOO good and I could make it with low carb tortillas! Yes YES! Pinning 🙂
Looks delish Jo! and healthy! (Hi from AZ).
oh that looks super yummy and like an easy to put together, quick meal.
You should definitely link up this Sunday on my Pins to Projects post 😉
I love pinterest too! This looks so yummy and great that you can use any veggies!
Yummy yummy yummy!! I LOVE lasagna and this looks just delicious!
This looks fantastic!! Your newest follower – Megan
Wow this looks delicious and right up my alley.
I also love pinterest. Its hard not to check it every day!
Looks and sounds fantastic!
This dish looks yummy! I will definitely have to add it to my recipe book. Thanks for sharing!!
PS…I would love for you to link up your post to my “Unveil Your Genius” Link Party!
This looks so healthy and delicious! Just found your lovely blog and will be a faithful follower.
Such a beautiful dish! So colorful and healthy! I like that your kids named it lasagna..sounds like a good name! I would love to have you share and also link up with us at Kids in the Kitchen. New link ups start every Tuesday. Here is this week: http://younglivingoillady.com/home/kids-in-the-kitchen-link-up-week-6/
Thanks and hope to see you there! Blessings, Carrie
Thanks for featuring my recipe and linking up! So glad you liked it. We were surprised how flavorful it was as well!