This Easy Eggnog Sheet Cake is made using a boxed Golden Cake Mix as the base. Topped with a delicious and creamy Eggnog Frosting. Classic eggnog flavour.
This mostly homemade Eggnog Sheet Cake is a perfect holiday dessert! If you love eggnog this cake with eggnog frosting is delicious…it has the perfect amount of eggnog flavour.
Mostly Homemade is Perfect.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I put pressure on myself to make everything from scratch, especially for the holidays. But as I get older, and the more I cook and bake and entertain, the more I realize that we don’t need to do everything from scratch. There are perfectly delicious recipe shortcuts that we can use…which also lifts a lot of the stress we put on ourselves (because I don’t know about you, but this year I am tired). This Eggnog Sheet Cake is a great example of mostly homemade. The recipe uses a boxed cake mix and a pre-made frosting as the base, with extra and delicious flavours added in.
Eggnog all the way.
To give this cake some festive holiday flavour I added creamy eggnog, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter. And the end result is a tender and perfectly flavoured eggnog cake. Not too overpowering and not too subtle, it’s just right.
Don’t forget the frosting!
You can make your own buttercream frosting if you wish, but for this recipe I used a pre-made buttercream frosting as the base. Then I added a little rum and a bit of nutmeg to give it that eggnog flavour. This easy frosting pairs perfectly with the cake.
Tender, moist and delicious!
The end result of your mostly homemade baking is a delicious and flavourful holiday cake! Eggnog-y, sweet, rich, moist and super tasty.
I hope you love it!
- Cake Mix: Use a Golden cake mix for this recipe (one without pudding). I prefer the Betty Crocker mixes.
- Eggs: This recipe calls for 3 eggs PLUS 2 extra egg yolks. The extra yolks make this cake more rich.
- Eggnog: Both Regular and Light eggnog work in this recipe.
- Butter: The butter adds extra flavour to the cake, so I prefer to use it instead of oil.
- Rum: I used rum in the cake and frosting, but you can use rum extract instead. I have listed the amounts in the recipe card below.
- Frosting: I used a 340 g container of pre-made Betty Crocker Buttercream Frosting.
Easy Eggnog Sheet Cake with Eggnog Frosting
This Easy Eggnog Sheet Cake is made using a boxed Golden Cake Mix as the base. Top with a delicious and creamy Eggnog Frosting. Delicious eggnog flavours!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 - 10 servings 1x
- 1 (15.2 ounce) golden cake mix (I like Betty Crocker)
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 extra egg yolks
- 2 tsp rum (or 1/4 tsp rum extract)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (340 gram) container of pre-made frosting (I like Betty Crocker Buttercream)
- 2 tsp rum (or 1/2 tsp rum extract)
- dash nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggnog, butter, eggs, rum, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Using a mixer cream the pre-made frosting, rum and nutmeg until mixed and creamy.
Putting it all together:
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the frosting over the cake.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
More Delicious Holiday Cake Recipes to Try:
- Eggnog Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Cake
- The Most Chocolatey German Chocolate Cake
- Cranberry Orange Breakfast Cake
- Sticky Date Pudding Bundt Cake
Have a Very Merry Day!