This Ruby Red Grapefruit Punch is SO simple and delicious. The no-alcohol base makes it a punch both kids and adults can enjoy! Recipe gives the option to make it a cocktail too.
Thank you for stopping by, I’m so happy you are here! Today I’m participating in the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series hosted by my friend Krista of Happy Housie. As part of this festive series, I have joined 18 friends to share some delicious holiday drink recipes with you! Make sure to take a tour through all the recipes at the bottom of this post. If you missed any of my previous posts as part of this Seasonal Simplicity Series, make sure to check out my DIY Christmas Sleigh Ornament, and my Fresh Cedar Christmas Mantel. xo
Today I’m sharing a delicious and easy holiday punch recipe with you…a Ruby Red Grapefruit Punch. This punch is bursting with fresh citrus flavour and will make a pretty addition to your holiday menu! I hope you love it.
A perfect holiday punch!
Because I love citrus anything during the holiday season, I decided to make this Grapefruit Punch (but really, it’s great any time of year…refreshing in summer too). With ruby red grapefruit juice as the base, I added an orange simple syrup, lime juice and slices of grapefruit and lime. So good. This recipe also has club soda in it but it is especially delicious with grapefruit Italian soda! And to make it extra festive, I tossed in some pomegranate arils.
Delicious and Versatile!
Not only is it perfect for the holiday season, but you can pretty much make this punch any time of year…winter, spring or summer! Just add different seasonal fruit as garnishes.
Sweet, Tart and Refreshing!
All the things that make up a perfect drink. Sweetness from the grapefruit juice and simple syrup and tart from the soda and lime juice. So refreshingly good.
Make it a Cocktail:
If you would like to add a kick to this punch, you can offer a small selection of alcohol additions and let everyone make their own special individual drink. I like to make a big bowl of non-alcohol punch for everyone, and if someone would like to add a little alcohol to their own cup, they can! That way, everyone can enjoy this drink the way they like it. Here are some delicious options:
- Pink Whitney
- White Wine
Grapefruit Punch Recipe Tips:
- Grapefruit Juice: Use Ruby Red Grapefruit juice for this punch.
- Simple Syrup: I made an Orange Simple Syrup for this punch (recipe below). It adds a delicious orange flavour. You can use plain simple syrup instead if you wish.
- Leftover Simple Syrup: You will have leftover orange simple syrup, so just store it in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge for another time. You can add it to any cocktails where you might like a bit of orange flavour, or drizzle it over fruit salad, or add it to salad dressing.
- Club Soda: You can use regular club soda (soda water), or a flavoured soda water like a grapefruit Italian soda. Yum!
- Adding the Club Soda: Add the club soda (soda water) to the punch right before you want to serve it, to retain as much of the fizz as possible.
- Ice Cubes: I usually use regular ice cubes, but make sure to add them right before you serve the punch because they dilute the punch. If you don’t want to use regular ice cubes, consider freezing some grapefruit juice in ice cube trays and use those, and that way there will be no dilution of flavour!
- Garnishes: Add sliced grapefruits and limes to float in the punch. Pomegranate seeds are pretty too and they add a delicious crunch to this punch!
- Alcohol: You can add alcohol to this punch. Here are two ways:
- Refer to the above section on “How to Make it a Cocktail” on options for individual servings.
- If you want to make a Vodka Party Punch, add 1 L of vodka to the punch bowl.
Thank you for PINNING!
More Festive Holiday Drinks to Try!
Don’t stop here, make sure to check out these tasty drink recipes from my blogger friends…there are so many great ideas!
Gingerbread Flavoured Coffee Syrup at The DIY Mommy – Christmas Morning Mimosas at This is Our Bliss – Ruby Red Grapefruit Punch at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs – Just Add Cinnamon Twist on Classic Hot Chocolate Mix at This is Simplicite
Have a delicious day!