Brie is one of the most loved cheeses on the appetizer table, so why not make it the merriest, and most delicious! Here are 6 Delicious and Easy Brie Appetizer Ideas!
Have you ever met a charcuterie board or holiday appetizer table that didn’t have a wheel of Brie cheese? And that’s for good reason…Brie is such a creamy and delectable cheese that pairs well with so many flavours. If you’ve got Brie on your menu this year, here are some realllllly simple ways to dress it up. Nothing complicated, just cute and tasty.
So Let’s Eat, Drink and Brie Merry!
Types of Brie Cheese
Before we get started, let’s talk a bit about Brie cheese. There are actually quite a few different types of Brie to choose from…everything from creamy to pungent and everything in between.
- Double or Triple Cream Brie: These are my favourite, and almost always my go-to. The rind is usually mild in flavour, and the cheese itself is SO rich, buttery and creamy. I usually buy these (the Kirkland brand at Costco is my fave).
- Chevre (Goat Cheese) Brie: This is a really nice Brie, especially the creamy ones. It’s everything you love about Brie but with a goat cheese flavour. I don’t usually serve this Brie as my main Brie cheese, instead I will offer it alongside a double or triple cream Brie wheel.
- Blue Brie: This Brie is a cross between Camembert and Gorgonzola, and is creamy and rich like Camembert with the sharpness of Gorgonzola. It can be an acquired taste, so I’ll only serve small ones (or chunks), while also offering a double or triple cream.
6 Delicious and Easy Brie Appetizer Ideas
Now that you’ve got your Brie picked out, here are some really simple and tasty ways to serve it!
1. Bake then Drizzled with Honey
This is such an easy way to make a wheel of Brie taste delicious! Take either a baked Brie or a Brie at room temperature, and drizzle it with honey. The sweetness of the honey is perfect with this type of cheese.
2. Make it Festive with Pomegranate Seeds and Pistachios
Or if you want to get extra fancy and delicious, after you’ve drizzled your Brie with honey, sprinkle on some fresh pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachio nuts. So simple. So good. And SO pretty.
3. Make it adorable
Ok, this might be my favourite! Have you ever seen a cuter wheel of Brie cheese…seriously though, who thought cheese could be adorable?! This is a fun way to serve a room temperature wheel of Brie cheese…the cut out makes it look a little extra fancy.
How to make a cut out in the rind of Brie cheese:
To make this cut out, you will need a cookie cutter (or if you’re good to carve with out one, you can do that too). I used a small gingerbread man cookie cutter, placed it in the centre of the wheel of cheese, and pressed down. Be careful not to move the cutter too much, or you will end up with a messy cut out, as the rind is quite delicate. Just press the cutter firmly down into the cheese, then remove it. You will then need a small knife to remove the centre of the cut out. Some rinds will just peel away, and some will not…if it doesn’t peel away, use a small knife to gently scrape away the white rind.
So so cute. And definitely a conversation starter!
4. Remove the top rind and have fondue!
I think this is THE MOST delicious way to serve Brie. One of the things many people don’t enjoy about eating Brie, is the rind. So if this is true for you, this is a great way to serve it.
How to make a mini Brie cheese fondue:
Using a sharp knife, make a circle, about 1/2 inch from the edge of the Brie cheese wheel, making sure to cut down into the cheese. Scrape away the white rind, and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Once it’s done baking, dip away! If the centre does not melt completely, then just peel away the layer in the centre, to expose the melted cheese underneath it.
A mini, dippable Brie fondue!
So delicious. Serve with crackers, bread or vegetables.
5. Add an Orange and Cranberry Marmalade
Or any type of jam! Brie + jam = delicious. But the combination of orange and cranberry during the holiday season is the best! I’m sharing this Orange and Cranberry Marmalade recipe in this post here. It is SO good with Brie…sweet, tart and so flavourful.
Jams, chutneys and marmalades are great with both baked and room temperature Brie.
6. Dress it up with Cranberries and Sprigs of Rosemary
If you’re serving an au naturel wheel of Brie, that is, just on it’s own at room temperature, you can dress it up with a couple sprigs of rosemary and some fresh cranberries. Let’s be honest, they’re really just there to make the wheel of cheese look pretty! Simple and cute.
I hope you found some tasty inspiration with these Easy Brie Appetizer Ideas for this holiday season! It’s the little things (and the super simple things) that make a holiday appetizer table special. Enjoy!
More Delicious Brie Appetizers to Try:
- Brie with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Cranberry Balsamic Chutney with Brie
- Honey Nut Brie Appetizer
- Baked Brie with Rhubarb Compote
- Cedar Planked Mini Brie Bites with Fruit & Wine Compote
Make sure to Follow me on Pinterest for more Holiday Recipe Ideas!
Have a delicious day!