Make this Homemade Kids Playdough Recipe in just minutes with simple ingredients! Have fun with the colours!
We have the best sitter for our kids! The kids love to have her around, and she always comes with a fun activity for them to do! This past weekend, when the hubby & I went out to see The Hunger Games, we had her come sit, and she brought homemade playdough for each of them! So fun! They have been playing with it non-stop, and she left the recipe for us! It’s easy to make, and the dough is so soft and nice to work with!
Homemade Kids Playdough Tips!
- If you want dough in different colours, just separate out the dough evenly, and colour as you wish.
- Instead of food colouring use a package of Kool-Aid for a fun colour and smell alternative. Just mix the package of Kool-Aid into the flour before adding water!
- Refrigerate the dough in an air-tight container between uses.
Make this Playdough in just minutes with simple ingredients! Have fun with the colours!
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 cup water
- food colouring of your choice
- 1 tsp oil
- In a medium saucepan combine the salt, flour and cream of tartar.
- In a separate measuring cup combine 1/4 cup water and food colouring.
- Add the water mix and 1 tsp of oil to the flour mix.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to pull together.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir until a ball forms.
- Transfer to the counter and knead a few times.
- As it cools, a crust will form, keep kneading.
- If necessary, wet your hands and work back to the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate when not in use.
Keywords: playdough, homemade playdough
If you’re looking for more great ideas for kids, make sure to visit my other projects here.