These Banana Smoothies with Honey & Cinnamon are one of my favourite breakfasts! They’re easy to make and best of all, healthy!
I love breakfast. In fact before I go to bed I actually get a bit excited knowing breakfast is coming…I’m kinda crazy like that…haha! But sometimes weekday breakfasts are a little booooring. So every once in a while I switch things up and have a smoothie. And I don’t like to share them. It’s not often I don’t share something I’m eating, but everyone here knows not to ask momma for a sip of her smoothie.
Anyway, this smoothie is something I’ve been drinking off and on for over 10 years now. And because I love this smoothie so much I thought I’d share it with you! If anything, you’ve got another idea for breakfast!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk (any kind you like: chocolate (vanilla, unsweetened))
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp oat bran
- 1 squeeze of honey
- couple dashes of cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- I like to keep frozen bananas ready to go in the freezer. Just peel some bananas, and lay them out on a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet, then freeze them. Once they are frozen, transfer them over to a ziplock bag for storage.
- If you are allergic to nuts, just leave out the almond butter, and use soy milk instead of almond milk.
- For another flavour, use peanut butter instead of almond butter.
Smoothies are so easy, and so versatile…really just put what ever you like in them and enjoy!
Have a delicious day!