This BBQ Turkey Breast with a Brown Sugar Rub and BBQ Sauce is a perfect summer dish! Easy, healthy and so delicious!
– – – – – –
Summer suppers in our home are all about the BBQ! Barbequing is so easy when it’s hot out and you don’t feel like cooking over the stove. Plus the mouth watering flavour that barbequing gives food, just isn’t comparable to anything else. And the grilling possibilities are endless…burgers, roasted vegetables, side dishes. So many delicious options.
One thing you may not think to grill on the BBQ, is turkey. Turkey is a perfect grilling protein. It’s lean, healthy and so versatile. There are many cuts to choose from including ground meat, legs, drumsticks, thighs, breast steaks, breast rolls, breast roasts, drummettes, wings, sausages, and burgers. So much deliciousness. As I’ve said before, turkey is not just for the holidays!
One of our favourite ways to serve turkey from the grill is this BBQ Turkey Breast with a Brown Sugar Rub and BBQ Sauce. The brown sugar rub is perfect with the turkey, because it adds so much flavour. I make a small batch of homemade rub, then generously cover the meat with it so you get a delicious taste of sugar and spice in each bite. Then we toss the turkey onto the grill and cook it up until it’s juicy and tender.
Once the meat is almost done cooking, we smother it with our favourite BBQ sauce and roast it a little longer…just until the sauce gets nice and sticky!
Then slice it up like a flank steak and enjoy!
Doesn’t that just look scrumptious! I served our grilled turkey with roasted corn on the cob, fresh radishes, zucchini zoodles and warm bread. A perfect summer meal. And ready in about 30 minutes. So easy.
Just think of the grilling possibilities. There are so many delicious ways to grill turkey!
Tips for Healthy Grilling:
- Grill lean and trim the fat. Using lean cuts of meat with less fat means less flames and smoke on the grill.
- Infuse flavour into your meats by marinating them with healthy fats like olive oil, adding citrus, beer, wine or vinegar and fresh herbs, spices and rubs.
- When grilling, go low and slow by grilling over low and medium heat. Cook until a meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the meat.
- Practice food safe habits and refrigerate any foods that are marinating longer than 1/2 hour.
- Cooking entire meals on the grill will give you juicy meat and tasty vegetables.
- Grilling your food gets you outside where you can hang out with the family while you cook.
Try More Turkey Recipes:
- Coconut Lime Grilled Turkey Noodle Bowl
- Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Stuffed Turkey Cutlet Recipe
- Lemon Rosemary Roasted Turkey
- Visit the Canadian Turkey website for More Turkey Recipes
Answering Your Questions About Turkey:
Have a delicious day!
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Canadian Turkey. I am working with Canadian Turkey as a brand ambassador, and over the next year I am excited to bring you some delicious and easy turkey recipes that I have created! This recipe, all pictures and words are my own. We just really love turkey over here!