Is there any better combination than bananas and peanut butter? Really, peanut butter and anything? If I could, I would eat peanut butter by the spoonfuls, that’s how much I love it. So when I set out to make a banana bread the other day, I thought it needed a peanut butter injection…because seriously.
I tried a couple of recipes but found myself using my regular banana bread recipe and tweaking it a bit, and I love how it turned out. I think the only thing I would do differently is maybe add more peanut butter. The peanut butter taste in this recipe is subtle, so next time I’m going to try 1/2 cup instead of 1/3 cup. Nonetheless, this Peanut Butter Banana Bread is so delicious.
Throw in some chocolate chips and you’re going to want to eat the entire loaf. You will.
So if you have a hankering for bananas and peanut butter, this easy to make bread will do the trick!Print
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and peanut butter.
- Then beat the flour mix into the butter mix, until it has the consistency of brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the mashed banana.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
– – – – –
– – – – – – –
For more delicious peanut butter recipes, have a look at some of my recipes:
– – – – – – –