These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Easter Cookies are soft, chewy, crunchy and full of peanut butter flavour! Decorate them with pastel chocolate candies for Easter!
I love taking a favourite cookie recipe and dressing them up for the holidays. Take these peanut butter oatmeal cookies for example…add some pretty pastel chocolate candies and they’re ready for Easter!
So Soft & Chewy
These cookies are absolutely delicious, and make a frequent appearance in our home. They’re SO soft and chewy, and full of peanut butter flavour…so if you love peanut butter these are definitely for you. Oh, and don’t forget the chocolate…they’re loaded with mini chocolate chips, so you’ll have chocolate in every bite too. Yum.
But the fun part of these cookies, and what kids love the most, is the addition of colourful M&M candies. Adding these pretty pastel chocolate candies to each cookie makes them perfect for an Easter dessert table! Just gently press about 5 or 6 candies into the tops of each cookie, as show in the image above. Don’t worry if the candies touch each other as they will spread out as the cookie bakes. I don’t mix the M&M’s into the batter because it’s already loaded with mini chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Easter Cookie Recipe Tips:
Here are some baking tips before you get started!
- I use quick oats for this recipe, but you can also use rolled oats.
- You can mix more M&M’s into the batter if you wish. But I like to press them into the tops of each of the cookies because with the mini chocolate chips in the batter there’s plenty of chocolate.
- This recipe makes a huge batch (4 1/2 to 5 dozen), so you can freeze half for later.
- Use smooth peanut butter for this recipe, not all natural.
- Make sure to chill the batter before baking these cookies. And while a batch is baking, put the batter back in the fridge while you wait.
- These cookies freeze well.
Now on to the recipe…I hope you enjoy it!Print
Try these Delicious Easter Cookie Recipes Too!
Looking for More Easter Recipes and Ideas?
- Check out my Easter Dinner Menu
- Here are my favourite Easter Dessert Recipes
- Get inspired with A Pretty Easter Table Setting
Have a delicious day!