Make these Easter Egg Sugar Cookies for Easter! They’re soft, chewy, so delicious.
I really enjoy Easter, especially Easter eats. At Easter I tend to make the same dishes year after year, but these food traditions are what we love most about this holiday. Many of the recipes I use are ones I remember my Mom, or Aunts and Grandmas cooking from when we were growing up. Things like Peanut Butter Confetti Cake, or 7 Layered Salad or Devilled Eggs…all really delicious comfort food. When these dishes made an appearance it was like they were marking the arrival of spring. Love that. And now I’m trying to add in some of my own recipes in hopes that they become traditions for my little family. This is so easy to do, because there are so many delicious options!
So for Easter this year, I decided to make some Easter Egg Sugar cookies. These cookies are the exact same recipe I used for my Peppermint Kiss Sugar Cookies that I posted at Christmas. All I did differently was use little chocolate Easter eggs instead of peppermint kisses, which makes them perfect for Easter!
I’ve been dying to share these cookies with you, ever since I posted them on Instagram earlier this week. They’re just so easy to make and so pretty to look at that I need to share them!
Now just make sure that before you sneak some of those little eggies into your mouth when no one is looking, that you leave enough for your cookies. You wouldn’t want any of these cookies to end up with no eggs on them. Nope. You don’t need your kids asking you why some of the cookies are empty. 😉
Aren’t they so pretty? They are a perfect Easter cookie…they’re easy to make and are so fun and festive!
- You can easily double this recipe.
- Let them cool: Make sure you give the cookies enough time to cool down. If you move them too quickly, the Easter eggs will crack.
- I wouldn’t recommend freezing these cookies…they’re best enjoyed fresh!
- Great for giving! These cookies are great for cookie exchanges, bake sales and parties because they’re easy to make and stand up well to packaging.
Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
Make these Easter Egg Sugar Cookies for Easter! They’re soft, chewy and so delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookie
- Cuisine: American
- 1 small package of chocolate Easter eggs in a candy shell ((like Eggies))
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- in extra sugar for rolling the dough
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the extra sugar, and place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 – 3 minutes. After this time press 3 small Easter eggies into the middle of the cookies. See notes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Make sure you give the cookies enough time to cool down. If you move them too quickly, the Easter eggs will crack.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, Easter cookies
– – –
I hope you make these cookies this Easter! Your family will thank you! Enjoy!
More Delicious Easter Treats:
Have a delicious day!