This Peanut Butter Confetti Cake is a family favourite recipe! Full of delicious peanut butter, butterscotch and marshmallow flavours!
Every Easter my family looks forward to this dessert! It’s so mouthwatering good. Once you have one bite you won’t be able to stop! Trust me on this one. Me, myself & I finished off half of it all by ourself.
A classic recipe.
This is one of those recipes that has been around in our family for as long as I can remember. Peanut Butter Confetti Cake would appear every year at Easter when either my Mom, Grandma or Aunties made it…it’s a classic. Funny thing though, when I was a kid I actually didn’t love it like I do now. Now, I cannot get enough of it, which is why I don’t make it very often. In fact I only make it at Easter time. Some people make it for Christmas, but I like it for Easter because the pastel colours seem to be perfect for this time of year.
Peanut Butter Confetti Cake
- Marshmallows: I always use the mini fruit flavoured marshmallows, but feel free to use regular mini marshmallows.
- Peanut Butter: Use creamy peanut butter for this recipe. Do not use natural peanut butter.
- Let it cool. Let the butterscotch chip, butter and peanut butter mixture cool slightly before adding the marshmallows. You don’t want the marshmallows to melt.
- Do NOT boil. The butterscotch chip, butter and peanut butter mixture just needs to be melted together…you don’t need to boil it. If the mixture boils, it will become hard.
- Makes a big batch. This recipe makes a pretty large batch. I have learned over the years to actually cut the recipe in half when I’m serving just our family of 5. But if I’m getting together with a larger group of family, I will make a large batch…and you can bet by the end of Easter weekend it’s gone. Gone with the wind.
Thank you for PINNING!
More Delicious Easter Desserts!
- Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
- Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Easter Egg Bark
- Butter Tart Squares
- Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Have a delicious day!
This is an old post that I updated with new pictures and republished!