These Hasselback Potatoes are buttery, crispy and SO delicious! This potato side dish is a tasty addition to your dinner table, and a great way to enjoy potatoes in a different way.
Do you find that you’re always making potatoes the same way, dinner after dinner? They’re either mashed or boiled or roasted. But there are many other delicious ways to enjoy them, like Hasselback Potatoes. These potatoes are crunchy, salty and delicious, almost like chips! And they’re a nice change from the regular potato routine.
So let’s talk about Hasselback Potatoes…what are they exactly?
Well simply put they are a baked potato, except you cut thin slices into the potato, then you fill the spaces between these slices with butter or olive oil, salt & pepper and even herbs if you like. Then you bake them until they are wonderfully crispy! So good. They’re delicious served alongside roasted chicken, BBQ meats and even chili!
Hasselback Potatoes Recipe Tips:
- Sometimes Hasselback Potatoes are called Accordion Potatoes
- You can use any potatoes: Russet, Yukon Gold, and red potatoes all are great options!
- Cutting the Potatoes: Make sure you don’t slice through the bottom of the potato, because you want the bottom of the potato to remain intact.
- The thinner the slices, the more crunchy the potatoes are.
- For extra flavour, sprinkle on some fresh or dried herbs at the same time you season with salt and pepper. Rosemary and thyme are especially delicious.
- These potatoes can bake for 60 minutes or longer, depending on how big they are. Sometimes I will let mine bake for almost 1 1/2 hours, which makes them nice and crunchy.
More Delicious Potato Recipes:
- Simple Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Champ Mashed Potatoes
- Dill Scalloped Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Herb Potatoes
Have a delicious day!