These Hasselback Potatoes are buttery, crispy and SO delicious! This potato side dish is a tasty addition to your dinner table, and a great way to enjoy potatoes in a different way.
Do you find that you’re always making potatoes the same way, dinner after dinner? Either mashed or boiled or roasted? But there are many other delicious ways to enjoy them, like making these Hasselback Potatoes. These potatoes are crunchy, salty and delicious, almost like chips! And they’re a nice change from the regular potato routine.
What are hasselback potatoes?
Simply put hasselback potatoes are a baked potato that you cut thin slices into, then you fill the spaces between these slices with butter or olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs if you like. Then you bake the potatoes until they are wonderfully crispy! So good.
Hasselback Potatoes Recipe Tips:
- Also Known As: Sometimes Hasselback Potatoes are called Accordion Potatoes
- POTATOES: Yukon Gold potatoes, red potatoes or russet potatoes all are great options.
- OIL: You can use melted salted butter, vegetable oil or olive oil.
- CUTTING THE POTATOES: Make sure you don’t slice through the bottom of the potato, because you want the bottom of the potato to remain intact.
- SLICING SIZING: The thinner the slices, the more crunchy the potatoes are.
- FOR EXTRA FLAVOUR sprinkle on some fresh or dried herbs (like rosemary, thyme or oregano) at the same time you season with salt and pepper. You can also add minced garlic (about 1 – 2 cloves for all 6 potatoes).
- BAKING TIME: These potatoes can bake for 60 minutes or longer, depending on how big they are. Sometimes I will let mine bake for almost 1 1/2 hours, which makes them nice and crunchy.
- CHEESY OPTION: If you want to add some grated Parmesan cheese or shredded cheddar cheese, sprinkle some on the potatoes about 30 minutes into baking.
- LEFTOVERS: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Have a delicious day!