Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are delicious and so easy to make! Just wrap them in foil and toss them into your slow cooker, and you’ll have perfect potatoes for dinner!
Have you tried baking potatoes in your slow cooker? This is such a great way to roast them…it’s simple and fuss free. I know it’s easy enough to bake potatoes in the oven, but the nice thing about using a crockpot/slow cooker to roast potatoes is that the potatoes can bake during the day when you’re away.
All you have to do is wrap them in some tin foil and put them into the slow cooker to roast while you’re at work or out and about during the day. Then when you get home, the potatoes will be ready in time for dinner. Using a slow cooker is also great for hot summer days when you don’t want to use your oven. The result is a perfectly tender and delicious baked potato. Yum.
- Make sure to pierce the potatoes with a fork before you bake them
- You don’t have to add water to your slow cooker before baking
- You can bake the potatoes on low for longer, or on high for a shorter period of time, but I prefer to cook them low and slow.
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- 6 baking potatoes
- tin foil
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes.
- Then using a fork, pierce the potatoes several times.
- Wrap each potato in tin foil.
- Place the wrapped potatoes in the slow cooker and cover with the lid.
Bake as follows:
- 4 hours on HIGH or,
- 7 - 8 hours on LOW
Serving Ideas for Baked Potatoes:
- Serve them with Chili (see picture below)
- Baked potatoes are THE best in potato salad. This is my favourite Potato Salad Recipe
- Use them to make hash browns for breakfast
- Sometimes I add a chopped baked potato to my Frittatas
PIN IT to make later!
More Simple Cooking Tips!
- How to Make Orzo
- How to Roast Salmon in the Oven
- How to Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Making a Buttermilk Substitute
Have a delicious day!