This recipe for Oven Roasted Pulled Pork and Coleslaw Sandwiches is a family favourite! Serve with homemade coleslaw and dill pickles…delicious!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy recipe for pulled pork, this Oven Roasted Pulled Pork is it! This recipe makes the most flavourful and tender meat that is perfect for pulled pork sandwiches. A little work early in the day, means a breeze a dinner time! This is one of our family’s most favourite meals ever.
Pulled Pork Made in the Oven
Last year for my husband’s 40th birthday bash, I served a tripled batch of my friend Merry’s crockpot pulled pork recipe, and it was a big hit! Since then I’ve made this recipe at least 5 times, and over this time I’ve tweaked it for our particular tastebuds with different spices, and now I want to share my oven roasted version with you. I prefer to bake my pulled pork, so I use my cast iron casserole dish because it holds the heat so well, and the pork comes out so tender.
Makes a big batch.
I love this easy recipe because it makes a big batch of pulled pork which is great for parties and large gatherings. But’s it’s also great because I can freeze half for another day.
Oven Roasted Pulled Pork Recipe Tips:
- PORK: This recipe uses pork tenderloins, but you can also use pork shoulder, pork butt, or any pork roast.
- BROTH: This recipe calls for beef broth, but you can also use chicken stock or vegetable broth.
- BBQ Sauce: Use your favourite pre-made sauce. I use at least 1 cup.
Slow Cooker Option:
You can also make this pulled pork in the slow cooker. Follow the instructions as listed below, but instead put all of the ingredients into a crockpot and set it to LOW for 8 hours. Read this post for more details on how to make slow cooker pulled pork.
Oven Roasted Pulled Pork with Coleslaw
This recipe for Oven Roasted Pulled Pork and Coleslaw Sandwiches is a family favourite! Serve it with homemade coleslaw and dill pickles…delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Pork
- Method: Oven
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions (sliced thin)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced thin)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 – 2 cups of your favourite barbecue sauce
- 1 medium head of cabbage (shredded)
- 2 – 3 carrots (shredded or sliced thin)
- 2 green onions (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp seasoning salt (like Lawry’s)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
- Rub this spice mixture onto both sides of the pork tenderloins.
- Add the sliced onions, garlic and beef broth to the bottom of an oven proof dish (I like to use a cast iron casserole dish).
- Lay the pork tenderloins on top of the onion mixture.
- Cover the dish with the lid and place on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 5 hours, turning the tenderloins over 1 or 2 times, just to make sure they don’t dry out.
- When the pork is done, drain the juices.
- Then shred the pork using two forks to pull the pork apart.
- Stir in your favourite barbecue sauce, to taste.
- Mix together all the salad dressing ingredients (I use a hand blender to make sure the dressing is creamy). This makes a lot of dressing, so add it slowly to the shredded cabbage mixture. You decide how much dressing you need.
- Toss salad.
Putting it all together:
- Serve the pulled pork in buns topped with coleslaw. Enjoy!
Keywords: oven pulled pork, oven roasted pulled pork
Have a delicious day!