Make this Three Cheese Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese recipe in less than 1 hour! A perfectly delicious weeknight (or any night) dinner!
If you’re looking for a simple homemade mac and cheese recipe, this is it! It’s creamy, cheesy, flavourful and so tasty…and almost as easy as (and tastes better than) boxed mac and cheese!
Simple and delicious!
Making your own pot of macaroni and cheese at home is so worth it. It’s a simple dish to make, but the best part about it is that you get to control the creaminess and cheesiness of it! For this recipe I used 3 different cheeses: old cheddar cheese, cream cheese and goat cheese, and the combination of the three is delicious!
Tailor it to your tastebuds!
The great thing about a recipe like this is that you can tailor it to your tastebuds. If you like parmesan cheese, add it. If you like another kind of cheese, add that. The more cheeeeeeese the better. You can even sprinkle some extra shredded cheese to the top and bake the dish in the oven until it’s all nice and melty. (just make sure the mac + cheese is in an oven safe baking dish).
I mean just look at it. One pot. Creamy, comforting, scrumptious.
Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe Tips
- PASTA: You can use really any type of pasta, but the classic elbow noodle is the best!
- CHEESE: Use any of your favourite cheeses: old cheddar, marble, mozzarella, provolone, Monterey Jack…just use a good, flavourful cheese. Time Saver Tip! Use pre-shredded cheese.
- GOAT CHEESE: Don’t worry if you don’t have goat cheese. I just like to add it because it adds a nice zing the the dish. You can use more cream cheese instead, or even just add more shredded cheddar (Gruyere, Swiss or Gouda are nice zingy cheeses).
- MILK: Use 2% or whole milk. (1% and skim milk are just too thin and will not result in a creamy mac + cheese).
- CREAM: Use half + half cream. You can always use heavy cream, but it might be too rich.
- LEFTOVERS: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- FLAVOUR OPTIONS: Feel free to add chopped cooked bacon, or even a clove of garlic (cook the garlic with the flour/butter mixture).
More Mac + Cheese recipes to try!
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we did! Have a delicious day!