This One-Pot Turmeric Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy and comforting dinner! A healthy and flavourful recipe to add your meal rotation.
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for new and delicious ways to serve chicken! It’s easy to get in the loop of making the same chicken dishes over and over, so if you’re looking for something new, this One-Pot Turmeric Chicken and Rice Casserole is it. Delicious and simple.
EASE: Easy to assemble.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Simple, inexpensive ingredients.
PROS: Make it all in one dish.
FAMILY FRIENDLY: A recipe everyone loves!
Healthy and Comforting.
This One-Pot Turmeric Chicken and Rice Casserole is one of those recipes that takes me back to my childhood…it’s a classic that my Mom used to make that we loved. I haven’t had it in years, then recently my Mom reminded me about it so I had to make it for my family! It’s now on permanent rotation…I love that it’s easy, healthy and my family enjoys it.
A delicious one-pot casserole recipe (that’s cheap to make!).
One pot recipes are the best! This easy turmeric chicken casserole is made with rice, chicken, tomatoes, celery, onions, and ground turmeric, and it’s all prepared and baked in one dish. Assembly is easy, and so is the clean up. Not to mention that the ingredients are relatively inexpensive…you can use bone-in chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, or a chicken breast…it’s up to you.
Making Turmeric Chicken:
Turmeric Chicken Casserole Tips & Tricks
- Chicken: I like to use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for this casserole. You can use boneless if you prefer. You can also use drumsticks or chicken breast, just make sure to leave the skin on so the chicken stays moist. My mom used to take a whole roasting chicken, and split it into pieces for this recipe, so that’s an option too.
- Turmeric: This recipe calls for 1 tsp of ground turmeric. You can use 1 tbsp freshly grated turmeric instead.
- Tomatoes: Use 1 – 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes, plain with no spices added.
- Rice: White parboiled rice is my favourite for this recipe.
- Pan to use: I like to use an enamel braising pan for this casserole because it can go right from the stove to the oven.
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!