This Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a bowl full of comfort! Made with tender chicken, pillowy gnocchi, veggies and a rich, creamy broth. Ready in 35 minutes.
There’s nothing better than a delicious bowl of homemade soup after a long day! Especially one that’s filled with hearty ingredients that will fill up your family. And even better, one that can be on your dinner table in less than 1 hour. You need to try this Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup, I think you’ll love it.
Made with simple ingredients.
There’s nothing fancy in this soup, just simple easy-to-find ingredients that come together to make the most delicious and rich gnocchi soup. I bet you have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen…the only thing you might need to get is the gnocchi, but they’re easy to find. You can buy pre-made gnocchi in your local grocery store in the deli or refrigeration aisles.
Perfect for chilly nights.
Just imagine a warm bowl of this gnocchi soup on a chilly fall or wintery night! This is the kind of soup nights like that are made for…tastes like comfort.
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe Tips
- CHICKEN: I prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this soup. But you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- TIME SAVER TIP! Use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- CREAM: Use half + half cream OR whole milk. If you want a really rich soup, use heavy cream, or a mixture of heavy cream and milk.
- GNOCCHI: Use potato gnocchi. We prefer plain gnocchi, but I have also used cheese filled gnocchi and it’s tasty too! You will need about 2 cups (16 ounces).
- BROTH: I like to use chicken broth (I love the Chicken Better than Bouillon) for this soup.
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: Feel free to add 1/2 cup frozen peas, or 1 cup fresh spinach at the end…stir them in once the soup is done, and let simmer for a few minutes.
- LEFTOVERS: Leftovers keep beautifully in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. You will notice that the leftovers will be quite thick but they will loosen up when warmed. If it’s too thick, you an always stir in more broth or even a little water.
Serve this soup with bread for dipping and a side salad. Here are some delicious ideas:
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a bowl full of comfort! Made with tender chicken, pillowy gnocchi and a rich, creamy broth. Ready in 35 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups potato gnocchi (16 oz)
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot add the olive oil and melt the butter together over low-medium heat.
- To the pot add the minced onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté until the veggies are soft.
- Add the cut chicken and cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and gnocchi. Stir and simmer on a low boil until the broth thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 10 more minutes, making sure to stir often so the soup doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: gnocchi soup, copycat olive garden gnocchi soup, chicken gnocchi soup, olive garden chicken gnocchi soup
Have a delicious day!