This Easy Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup is simple and delicious! Have this hearty soup on your table in less than 1 hour.
If you’re looking for a comfort soup that’s easy and quick to get on the dinner table, this Easy Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup is perfect! Loaded with tasty ingredients, this is a soup the whole family will love!
About this soup:
This Easy Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup is hearty, creamy, flavourful and delicious! With tender ground beef, veggies and a creamy broth, this is a perfect comfort food for cold wintery or rainy days. And because it’s ready in about 1 hour, this soup is perfect for busy weeknights too.
Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup Recipe Tips
- BEEF: Use lean ground beef. Or any ground beef that you prefer, just drain it well. This soup also works well with really any kind of ground meat like ground turkey or ground chicken.
- POTATOES: Yellow or red potatoes work well for this soup (we love Yukon Gold potatoes). You can peel them or not.
- MILK: Use whole milk or half + half cream. Heavy cream is too rich.
- BROTH: You can use chicken broth, beef broth or vegetable broth.
- SHREDDED CHEESE: Use a flavourful cheddar cheese like a sharp or old cheddar.
- TOPPINGS/GARNISH: This soup is perfect served as is, but if you want you can offer some tasty toppings at serving time. Put out little bowls of extra shredded cheese, sliced green onions, sour cream and even bacon bits.
- LEFTOVERS: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days. Either reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
- FREEZING: This soup freezes well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw, then reheat in a pot on the stove.
Make the most of meal planning with this
FREE MEAL PLANNING TOOLKIT
Organize Your Weekly Meal Planning With These FREE Meal Planning Printables. Includes a weekly dinner menu plan, inventory checklists, a grocery list and more.
I hope you enjoy this delicious soup as much as we do! Have a delicious day!