Organize Your Weekly Meal Planning With These FREE Meal Planning Printables. Includes a weekly dinner menu plan, inventory checklists, a grocery list and more.
I am a planner. I like to know what I’m doing and when. But life gets in the way and things get busy and any attempts at planning anything, especially meals, just gets thrown away. This is especially true when I try to do all the planning in my head…it just doesn’t work. I’m a pen and paper kind of gal and need this tactile method to get myself organized.
Meal Organization Made Easy!
One of the areas I really want to work on is meal planning. I want to be able to plan our meals at least a week ahead of time, so that means I need to get organized. I want to know what I have to work with, what’s in the pantry, fridge and freezer. What meals do we want to put in rotation? What groceries do I need? All of it. And the easiest way to do that is to sit down and put it all on paper. To help me with all of this I have put together a 10 page meal planning kit for printing. And I wanted to share this Meal Planning Printable Kit with you, in case you’re like me and want to make dinner time easier!
This Meal Planning Printables kit includes:
All of these printable sheets are FREE to use! Just print them off and you’re one step closer to being a meal planning rockstar! Here is what is included in this kit:
- What’s For Dinner: a 7 day outlook weekly meal plan
- Grocery List: print this list off and hang it on the fridge
- Recipes To Try: list all of the dinner recipes you’d like to try
- Fridge Inventory: know what’s in your fridge
- Freezer Inventory: keep track of what you have in the freezer
- Pantry Inventory: keep a detailed list of what’s in the pantry
- Monthly Meal Planner: look out a month ahead and make some meal plans
- Notes Page: for any extra info that will help you with your meal planning
- Favourite Recipes: list all of your favourite dinner recipes
- Kitchen Conversions Chart: you can grab this handy printable here
How to use the Meal Planning Printables Kit:
- Download all 9 pages here.
- Print them off. You can print them in colour or black and white.
- Grab a pen and paper, a cup of tea and sit down to a quiet moment of meal planning. I like to gather my laptop and favourite cookbooks and pick meals to try. This is a very cathartic activity for me.
Meal Planning Ideas:
Now that you have all the printables you need to make meal planning easy, all that’s left is what to make for dinner! Over the years I have put together a number of different dinner menus that include main dishes, side dishes, salads and dessert. Some examples of these menus include Taco Night, Pasta Night, a Pulled Pork Sandwiches menu, Sloppy Joes, Meatballs and more! You can see all these delicious menus here.
Tips for Weekly Meal Planning:
- Plan your meals around foods that are on sale. If beef roast is on sale, then you can have roast one night, soup the next and so on.
- Use seasonal ingredients. This helps to keep the grocery bill down too!
- Keep a Pinterest Board with all of your favourite recipes. If you need some ideas, check out my What’s For Dinner board here.
- Use similar ingredients for your meals throughout the week. For example, roast chicken and use it to create a number of different meals: roast chicken one night, then chicken soup or casserole the next.
- Make sure to include family favourite recipes in your weekly menu plan.
- Try a new recipe each week! You never know what might quickly become a family favourite.
- Don’t get too fancy! You know what your family will eat.
- Plan to use leftovers!
- Keep your fridge and pantry organized so you can find what you need!
- Keep a well stocked dinner and baking pantry. Here are some ingredient checklists you might find handy: Dinner Pantry Ingredient Checklist and a Baking Pantry Ingredient Checklist
If you’re a planner like me, then you might also love these meal planning printables:
- Dinner Pantry Ingredient Checklist
- Baking Pantry Ingredient Checklist
- Christmas Dinner Grocery Checklist
- Printable Christmas Dinner Menu
- Thanksgiving Dinner Grocery Checklist
- Printable Thanksgiving Dinner Menu
- Printable Easter Menu
Have a delicious day!