These Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons are a delicious and easy cookie recipe! Soft, chewy, and coconut-y with delicious bites of chocolate. A nice change to the cookie routine!
Delicious Coconut Flavour!
I love coconut. I will eat anything that has coconut in it! You name it. I’ll eat it. And a cookie that’s basically all coconut? With chocolate too? Um. Yum. These are a family favourite. They are delicate, chewy, coconut-y and chocolatey all at the same time! Yes please. If you love coconut and chocolate chips then you will love these cookies.
Simple Ingredients and Easy to Make
These Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons come together in just minutes with really simple ingredients, you probably have all of them already. Just 5 ingredients: egg whites, coconut, sugar, a little bit of salt, and chocolate chips.
Share them with friends!
These coconut cookies are so pretty and tasty, that they make a nice homemade gift too! Just wrap them up in some parchment paper and tie them up with some pretty ribbon! Homemade gifts are the best.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroon Recipe Tips:
- Coconut: You can use sweetened flaked or shredded coconut.
- Chocolate: Semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips are both delicious. You can also leave them out if you wish.
- Baking: Coconut Macaroons do not spread out during baking, so they will come out in the same shape as they did going in. I make a heaping tablespoon for each cookie, then try to shape it in a circle and lightly pat down the tops.
- Storage: Store these macaroons in an air-tight container.
- Freezing: Coconut Macaroons freeze well for up to 3 months or so.
Have a delicious day!
Please note: This recipe was originally shared in October 2012. It has recently been updated with new and delicious photos!