These Bread Machine Breadsticks are soft and delicious! Let your bread machine make the dough, then you can shape it into tasty breadsticks. Then bake and brush with melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Simple and tasty.
If you’re looking for the MOST soft, scrumptious and flavourful homemade breadstick recipe, then you’re definitely in the right place. These breadsticks are the best. THE BEST. And to make things even easier, let your bread machine do all the kneading and work.
Easy and SO delicious.
There’s just something about warm, soft breadsticks smothered in melted butter and Parmesan cheese. They are the ultimate side to so many comfort meals like spaghetti, lasagna, soups, stews, grilled steak…just about anything!
ways to enjoy breadsticks
Have them ready for dinner tonight!
These breadsticks take about 1 hour and 45 minutes from start to finish, so you can easily have them ready for dinner tonight! If you’re eating at 6PM, start the dough around 4 so you can serve them warm from the oven. YES.
Bread Machine Breadsticks Recipe Tips
- FLOUR: Use all-purpose flour or bread flour.
- YEAST: Use fresh Instant Yeast: also called Bread Machine Yeast and Rapid Rise Yeast.
- BUTTER: I like to use melted butter (it has more flavour), but you can use vegetable oil.
- SUGAR: I like to use brown sugar for this recipe, but you can use regular granulated sugar.
- STORAGE: Keep the breadsticks in an airtight container on your counter, they’re fine at room temperature.
- FREEZING: These breadsticks freeze well. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
How to Make Breadsticks:
With this recipe you can make 14 – 6 inch breadsticks. You will notice that the dough is quite airy, and it’s supposed to be, these breadsticks are fluffy and soft! Here are some quick tips:
- Roll out the dough and shape it into a 10 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle horizontally through the middle.
- Then cut the dough vertically into 1 inch strips. You should end up with 14 strips of dough.
- Twist the dough then place the strips onto 2 greased baking pans. They don’t have to be perfect.
- Cover and let rise for about 15 minutes, until the breadsticks puff up in size.
- You can add minced garlic or garlic powder to the melted butter to brush the tops of the baked breadsticks. Then you have garlic breadsticks!
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning or any dried herbs (like oregano, basil or rosemary) on with the Parmesan cheese and butter.
Have a delicious day!