This Hot Pizza Dip is so creamy and cheesy and pizza saucy…so good. One of the best things though, are all the different combinations you can come up with.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dip for your snack table, this Hot Pizza Dip is it! Made with layers of cream cheese, pizza sauce, cheese and your favourite pizza toppings. Everyone will love it!
Make it your own!
Aside from the fact that this is the best appetizer around, one of the best things about this dip are all the different combinations you can come up with. Love Hawaiian pizza? Use ham & pineapple. Veggie lover? Use green peppers, olives, tomatoes, mushrooms…you name it. Meat lovers? Use pepperoni, ham & Italian sausage. Omg. Hungry yet?
Our favourite pizza dip combination is plain old pepperoni! After making this several times I have learned to add more pepperoni than I think it will need. It might look nice with the pepperoni slices spread out evenly over the top of the dip, but trust me when I tell you these will shrink and shrivel up when it’s baked. SO, layer on that pepperoni (see tips below).
A great appetizer for kids and teens!
I almost always have this dip on the table when I’m serving appetizers. I find that when I make an appetizer table, a lot of the dips and charcuterie plates don’t appeal to kids, but this dip does. So I make it for the kids…I mean, everyone loves it, but kids and teens especially love it, and it’s a great way to include them.
Great for potlucks too!
When I’m asked to bring an appetizer to a party or potluck, I almost always bring this dip. I like that I can assemble it at home, then I can quickly put it in the oven at my hosts home. If this isn’t possible and I want to serve it right away, I will bake it at home, then wrap it in a towel and bring it along with me. I love bringing this dip to get-togethers because it’s so easy to make and it’s a hit every time. This is the kind of appetizer that you want to sneak off with a spoon to the pantry with. It’s so creamy and cheesy and pizza saucey…so good. And plop this dish down in front of a group of women gathered together for a gals weekend at the cottage and it will disappear. Ask me how I know? 😉
Hot Pizza Dip Recipe Tips & Notes
- Dish: Use any 8 or 9 inch oven proof dish (a 9-inch pie plate works well) to hold this dip.
- Pizza Sauce: I use a small 213 mL can of pizza sauce. You can also use about 1 cup of marinara sauce instead.
- Topping Ideas: pepperoni, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, black olives, ham, pineapple, fresh tomatoes, basil…basically any topping you love to add to pizza.
- Pepperoni: I like to use mini pepperoni slices. One thing to note is the more lean the pepperoni you use, the less oil there will be on your dip. If you feel like there is too much oil after baking, just use a paper towel to dab it away.
- Shredded Cheese: You can use all kinds of cheese: mozzarella cheese, an Italian blend, cheddar
- Shrinkage: Keep in mind that the toppings will shrink when baked. So add more than you think you might need.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can assemble this dip hours before you want to bake it. Just store it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
- Dippers: Serve with crackers, chunks of bread, baguette slices, slices of warm Naan bread or even tortilla chips or pita chips.
- Leftovers: Store any leftover pizza dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just reheat in the microwave.
More Hot Dip Recipes
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!
Note: This post was originally published in November 2014, but I have recently updated it with new pictures and recipe tips. Same great recipe, just more great information for you!