This Baked Goat Cheese Spinach Dip is baked right in a hearty bread bowl, making this the ultimate hot dip! It’s creamy, rich and full of delicious cheesy bacon flavour! A great appetizer for the holidays.
Our winters here are long and very cold, but we try to embrace the season by enjoying all it has to offer. This means that we brave sub zero temps and hit the ski hill, we strap on skates to go skating, put on our snowshoes and take long winter walks…so basically we aren’t afraid of the cold! A little known secret is that I do in fact adore our Canadian winters (as long as there is plenty of snow then I’m happy)!
One of the things I love most about our cold winter activities is that they bring people together. I mean what better fun than to spend the day tobogganing with family and friends, then all getting together at someones home for hot chocolate and warm winter eats? It’s the best. There is just nothing like filling your belly with warm winter drinks and home made, hearty food after a cold and wintery day.
For occasions like this, I like to have some easy and delicious recipes at my finger tips…ones that can be prepared either ahead of time, or in just a few minutes. And this Goat Cheese Spinach Dip is a perfect dip for such an occasion!
Make it ahead of time.
I like to prepare this dip ahead of time, and have it ready to go as soon as we come inside. Serve it bubbling hot with loads of crusty bread, and your favourite glass of red wine…or hot chocolate for the kids!
Bake and serve this spinach dip in a bread bowl.
My favourite thing about this dip is that it can be baked and served right in a bread bowl. You can use it as a bowl for dipping, then eventually eat the bowl! Or you can cut it width-wise into strips and serve it that way.
This dip has a secret ingredient!
Baked Spinach Dip is delicious no matter how it’s served, it’s creamy, tangy and so flavourful. This dip also has a secret ingredient that adds so much flavour…goat cheese! And combined with the chopped spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic and crumbled bacon, it’s so so good. Yes, did I forget to mention that this dip has bacon? Bacon makes everything delicious.
Always a party favourite.
This Goat Cheese Spinach Dip is a perfect appetizer for any time of year…it’s great for winter gatherings with friends and it would be perfect for holiday entertaining! It’s very easy to make and only takes a few minutes to assemble. Your guests will love it.
Baked Spinach Dip Tips + Notes
- Spinach: This dip uses fresh spinach instead of frozen. The flavour is wonderful, and honestly, it’s much easier than using frozen spinach.
- Goat Cheese: Don’t leave the goat cheese out, it add so much rich flavour to this dip.
- Sour Cream: I use regular sour cream, but you can use light sour cream instead. You can also use plain greek yogurt.
- Bread Bowl: You can use many different loaves: sourdough, french loaf, artisan loaves
- Dippers: Serve this dip with the bread chunks that were removed from the centre of the loaf to make room for the dip. You can also serve this dip with extra baguette slices, crackers or fresh veggies.
- Make Ahead Tip: You can make the dip portion a day, or even two days, ahead of when you want to serve it (store it in an air tight container in the fridge). BUT DO NOT add it to the bread bowl at this stage…do that right before you’re ready to bake and serve it.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!