These Stuffed Garlicky Mushrooms are a delicious and flavourful appetizer! Made with mushrooms, garlic, ground chicken, cheese, wine and fresh basil. Yum.
Menu Planning for the holidays.
Holiday season is about to arrive on our doorstep and I couldn’t be more excited! I love the lead up to Christmas…all the shopping, the baking, the get-togethers, it’s all so much fun. But it can be super stressful can’t it? Every year I tell myself that I will get ahead of the game and that way I can enjoy the season. I try. I really do.
One thing I am doing right now to get ahead is starting my planning of seasonal menus…menus for gatherings with friends and family, menus for last minute parties, but especially snack and appetizer ideas. I always find coming up with snacks and appies to be so hard, but when you think about it, these kinds of dishes are required the most during the holiday season, so it’s best to have a good arsenal of ideas. To help us all get ahead of the holiday schedule, I thought it would be helpful to share appetizer recipes with you this season…easy and delicious recipes that will wow your guests!
Stuffed Mushrooms are DELICIOUS!
A delicious appetizer that I want to share with you is this recipe for Stuffed Garlicky Mushrooms aka Garlicky Basil Chicken in Mushroom Caps. The original delicious recipe can be found on the Chicken.ca site, where you can find so many amazing recipes, including appetizers. But something about this recipe drew me in, because I’m a big fan of stuffed mushrooms. I love a savoury and meaty appetizer that can be served up like a tapas, but is hearty enough that you could almost have them for dinner. That’s these stuffed mushrooms for sure. SO good.
Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to make!
Don’t be afraid to make stuffed mushrooms…they’re actually much easier to assemble than you might think. And they’re worth the effort not only because they’re delicious, but this recipe makes a huge batch which is perfect for holiday gatherings.
Shall I tell you how delicious they smell as they’re cooking too? Wouldn’t smell-o-vision be a great thing?
Smothered in cheese, and wine and basil. Oh my.
Don’t forget the bread!
Serve these stuffed mushrooms with crusty bread to mop up the garlicky wine jus. The jus is equally as delicious as the stuffed mushrooms themselves. Dip dip. Yum yum.
Stuffed Garlicky Mushrooms
Stuffed Garlicky Mushrooms aka Garlicky Basil Chicken in Mushroom Caps
Recipe from Chicken.ca
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- 500 gram of whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Wash the mushrooms and carefully remove the stems. To remove the stems use your hands and hold the mushroom in the palm of one hand, and with your other hand turn the stem 180 degrees one way, then 180 degrees the opposite way. The stem should pop right out.
- Chop stems and set aside.
- Arrange the mushroom caps in a large baking dish or in 2 deep dish pie plates that will fit all the caps.
- Melt the butter in skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and minced garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and ground chicken to the skillet and saute until the chicken is cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the white wine to the pan and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Use a teaspoon to fill each of the mushroom caps with the chicken mixture.
- If there is extra chicken mixture spread it around the caps and pour the pan juices over.
- Top the mushroom caps with the grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with the minced basil.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve in the baking pan with your favourite bread to mop up the garlicky wine juices.
Keywords: stuffed mushrooms, mushroom appetizer
More Delicious Mushroom Appetizers
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign for which I have received compensation.The opinions on this blog are my own.