Step into the holiday season with some Easy & Elegant Holiday Appetizers made with Boursin Cheese!
With the holiday season upon us, this also means it’s entertaining season! There’s just something about this time of year that makes gathering with friends and family feel so magical. It’s the perfect time to catch up and enjoy each other over drinks and really delicious food. It’s wonderful to get a little dressed up, put on some holiday music and share food and drinks with the ones that mean the most to you.
Host an Appetizer Party!
One of my favourite ways to entertain is to invite friends and family over for drinks and holiday appetizers, as opposed to a full dinner party. It’s nice to focus on an arrangement of delicious finger foods that are easy to prepare and that everyone will love. The key to a successful party for me, is to keep the food simple, yet delicious.
Welcome to Winter Party!
So in spirit of the holiday season, I recently held a little Welcome To Winter Party with a group of close friends and family. I set out an appetizer table for my guests to gather and mingle around, and dressed it in white faux fur, some twinkly lights and simple greenery. I really wanted the decor to be simple, so the food could be the star!
Easy & Elegant Holiday Appetizers
And the stars of the show were delicious appetizers that I made using Boursin Cheese. Boursin Cheese is wonderful enjoyed on it’s own, and we love to cut off pieces and put it on bread, but it’s also fantastic in easy and elegant appetizers.
On the menu:
For this party I made Lemony Mushroom Crostinis with Shallot & Chive Boursin; Cranberry & Pepper Boursin Figs with Pepita Brittle; Boursin-Stuffed Potatoes with Red Chili Pepper Boursin; and Smoked Salmon Canapes with Cracked Black Pepper Boursin. All SO delicious, but easy to make. They may look fancy, but they’re not difficult to assemble!
Cranberry & Pepper Boursin Figs
These Cranberry & Pepper Boursin Figs with Pepita Brittle were really easy to make. Made with sliced fresh figs, Cranberry & Pepper Boursin, all topped off with a sweet crunch from homemade pepita brittle. Easy and gorgeous!
Smoked Salmon Canapes with Cracked Black Pepper Boursin
I love smoked salmon so I really enjoyed these Smoked Salmon Canapes with Cracked Black Pepper Boursin. The Cracked Black Pepper Boursin paired perfectly with the fresh radish slices, smoked salmon and fresh dill. And these too were very simple to assemble!
Boursin-Stuffed Potatoes with Red Chili Pepper Boursin
These Boursin-Stuffed Potatoes with Red Chili Pepper Boursin were also a big hit! They’re creamy and spicy, and I loved how easy they were to put together! I might even try making larger versions of these as a side dish for dinner…yum.
Lemony Mushroom Crostinis with Shallot & Chive Boursin
My favourite though were these Lemony Mushroom Crostinis with Shallot & Chive Boursin. I loved the flavour combination of the lemon with the mushrooms with the shallots and chives. Absolutely delicious. I think these are going to be a holiday staple at parties around here. You can get this recipe below!
This recipe is simple to make, and the results are so delicious! It was my favourite, so I thought I would share the recipe for them, with you!Print
Lemony Mushroom Crostini with Shallot & Chive Boursin
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- half a demi-baguette (cut into 1/4- thick baguette slices, about 12 pieces)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 227– g pkg sliced mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (divided)
- 1/2 cup Shallot & Chive Boursin
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the baguette slices on both sides with oil, then toast on a baking sheet until golden, about 7 min.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add shallot, mushrooms and salt. Cook until mushrooms are soft and the liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, remove them from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice and 3 tbsp of parsley.
- Spread 2 tsp of the Shallot & Chive Boursin on each toast.
- Top with a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp parsley.
Keywords: Boursin recipes, easy appetizers, elegant appetizers, holiday appetizers
Fun Tip! How to Open Boursin Cheese:
I also served a Cranberry & Pepper Boursin on it’s own as an appetizer and I showed my guests the Boursin Ritual. Did you know that there is a special way to open a Boursin Cheese?
- Step 1: Open your cheese with the logo facing down on the table.
- Step 2: Open the cheese from the top, and take out the aluminum lid on top.
- Step 3: Open the corolla like you would eat a cupcake leaving it around the cheese and deposit it on the table as is.
I really enjoyed our first gathering of the holiday season (maybe you even caught a glimpse of it on my Instagram story), and I’m looking forward to more entertaining in the upcoming weeks! I hope by stopping here today, you were able to gather inspiration for your own holiday parties this season!
Have a delicious day!
Disclosure: As a Chatelaine Taster & Tester, I received compensation for participating in this Boursin Cheese program, however all views are my own.