These Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and SO chocolatey. And they are not fussy to make at all. Just easy, and delicious! This. This is a go-to recipe!
Today I made cookies. Cookies with regular flour, butter, eggs, vanilla and lots and lots of chocolate. And I ate 5. They were delicious and I have no guilt. 🙂 These are good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. And they are to die for.
Just when you think you’ve got chocolate chip cookies down pat, along comes another recipe that beats the one you’ve been using for years. These are that good. I think it’s the chopped up chocolate that does it for me…you are guaranteed a little bit of chocolate deliciousness in every bite!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate chunks See Notes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or slightly oil it.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy, about 1 min.
- Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into butter mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Use about 1 tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie, and place your cookie sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart. Don't press them down as they will spread as they bake.
- Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges, about 8 to 10 min.
- I didn't have any dark chocolate chips so I just used regular chocolate chips and chopped up 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares.
- Sometimes I find the 2 cups of chocolate chips too much, so I use 1 cup and they're delicious.