Have fun this summer and create your own frozen lemonade bar! Get creative with flavours and use fresh blueberries, strawberries and lemons.
If you’re looking for a fun, delicious and interactive drink for summer, this Frozen Lemonade Recipe is it! Refreshing, flavourful and a great idea for a summer backyard barbecue.
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Frozen Lemonade!
Who doesn’t love lemonade, especially the homemade kind? There’s nothing like a cold glass on a hot summer day! And why not take it up a notch and make it a frozen lemonade…like a slushie but without all the added chemicals and dyes! You can make the most delicious frozen lemonades right at home with fresh ingredients! Just look how vibrant the colours of the slushies are with just fresh fruit!
Add Fresh Summer Berries
Not only did we make frozen lemonade, but we kicked things up a notch and made different kinds with a variety fresh summer berries. I set it up as a self-serve bar and let everyone pick their own flavour.
Make it Self-Serve!
This is a fun way to serve up a frozen treat for family and friends. Line up some bowls with different kinds of berries and fruit and add them to the basic frozen lemonade recipe. That way each person can make what ever kind they like, and everyone is happy!
Fresh and Delicious!
We made Strawberry, Original Lemon, and Blueberry, and they were all SO delicious. I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to lemonade so the original one was my favourite, but both the strawberry and blueberry versions were a close second. Next time I’m going to make a Raspberry Frozen Lemonade…yum. All this frozen lemonade talk is making you thirsty isn’t it? 😉
Frozen Lemonade Recipe Tips:
- LEMONS: Use fresh lemons (or fresh frozen lemon juice). For a real lemon zing you can add a little lemon zest to the lemonade.
- SWEETNESS: Depending on how sweet or tart you like your drink, you can use 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar.
- FRESH LEMON TIP! I often keep 1/4 cup cubes of frozen fresh lemon juice in my freezer and will use those to make this recipe. Just toss the frozen cubes into the blender with the other ingredients. You might need to add about 1 cup water to the blender to allow the mixture to blend well.
- FRUIT TIP: If you’re adding fruit to the frozen lemonade, it can be either fresh or frozen. BUT frozen fruit works best because it adds more frostiness to the drink.
- GARNISH: Add fresh fruit like berries and lemon slices to the tops of the individual frozen lemonades. It looks nice and tastes delicious.
- MAKE IT A COCKTAIL: Feel free to add a splash of vodka or stir in some rum to these frozen lemonades…this makes a great adult summer drink.
This is such a fun way to quench your thirst and get some reprieve from the heat of summer! Enjoy!
Have a delicious day!