This classic recipe for Apple Crisp is a delicious mixture of baked chopped apples and an oatmeal brown sugar topping. Excellent for breakfast or dessert and definitely with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Sometimes there is just nothing better than a good old fashioned dessert like Apple Crisp. It’s sweet, creamy, apple-y and cinnamon-y. Yes. Please. And I will eat it for breakfast too. But only after the kids are in school so that I don’t have to share…oops, did I say that out loud? 😉
Tastes like apple pie.
Apple crisp is definitely our favourite kind of fruit crips…soft baked apples with a buttery warm cinnamon oat topping. So good. It tastes like an apple pie only it’s much easier to make…it really is the best apple crisp recipe.
A simple and classic dessert, and so delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Apple Crisp Recipe Tips
- APPLES: Granny Smith apples or Honeycrisp apples are great (tart apples are perfect). But I think MacIntosh apples are the best apples for crisps.
- TO PEEL OR NOT TO PEEL: This is completely a personal choice. I’ve done both, but peeled apples are our favourite.
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: For extra nutrition you can add chopped nuts like pecans, hemp hearts or wheat germ to your crumble topping mixture (before baking).
- SERVING: This recipe can be served warm or cold. And with cream, whip cream or ice cream!
- SERVING SUGGESTION: This is the perfect dessert to go with Roasted Chicken!
Nothing better than homemade apple crisp. Have a delicious day!