This recipe for Zucchini Bread is THE BEST. It’s tender, sweet, cinnamony and so good! This recipe also makes 2 loaves which is great, so you can freeze one for later!
Family recipes are the best recipes!
This amazing zucchini bread is a recipe that came from my Mom. She would make these zucchini loaves every summer growing up and I always looked forward to them. Now I make these loaves for my own family, who love them too! The cake is tender, flavourful and very delicious! And when it’s baking in the oven, your home will smell so good…
This Recipe Makes 2 Loaves
One of the things I love most about this recipe is that it makes 2 loaves, so you can enjoy one loaf now and wrap the other one up to freeze and enjoy later. It’s always so nice to be able to put extra baking into the freezer. This time of year always makes me want to start to thinking about getting ready for winter, and having a little extra baking in the freezer is really helpful in the middle of winter!
Zucchini Bread Recipe Tips:
- Pan Size: I use a standard loaf pan (1 lb. Pan: 8″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ high)
- This recipe freezes well.
- Make sure to line your loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Allow the loaf to rest for at least 1 hour before eating it.
This recipe for Zucchini Bread is THE BEST. It’s tender, sweet, cinnamon-y and so good! This recipe also makes 2 loaves which is great, so you can freeze one for later.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 medium sized zucchini)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare 2 baking pans by lining them with wax or parchment paper.
- Shred 2 cups zucchini. Set aside.
- Using a mixer combine the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla, until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix gently.
- Stir in the zucchini. Note: If the zucchini is quite wet, gently squeeze out some of the moisture.
- Pour the batter evenly between the 2 baking pans.
- Bake for about 1 1/4 hours. The cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Keywords: zucchini, zucchini bread, recipe
– – – – –
NOTE: This post was originally published in 2011, and I have recently updated it with new photos. But it’s the same great recipe, just with new images. Enjoy!