This Zucchini Banana Bread is a perfect recipe for using up ripe bananas and fresh summer zucchini. This recipe makes two moist, flavourful and delicious loaves!
Take banana bread to the next level and make it a zucchini banana bread! This recipe uses 2 cups of shredded zucchini and 2 ripe bananas, so it’s a great way to use up ripe produce. Makes 2 loaves.
About this bread
This zucchini banana bread is tender, moist and perfectly banana-y and cinnamon-y, with specks of zucchini baked in. Delicious.
Makes 2 loaves.
This recipe makes 2 loaves which is great because you can enjoy one right away, and freeze one for later. I love being able to stock my freezer with homemade baking for the upcoming winter months.
Perfect for breakfast + snacking!
I love a slice of this loaf in the morning with a cup of freshly brewed coffee…so so good! It’s also a great snacking cake. Or add it to a brunch menu with eggs, bacon and fruit salad, perfection!
Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe Tips:
- ZUCCHINI: This recipe uses about 2 small zucchini (you need 2 cups shredded). If the shredded zucchini is really wet, squeeze out excess moisture (you can use paper towel to do this or just use your hands).
- OIL: I like to use coconut oil in this recipe. But you can use vegetable oil, canola oil or melted butter.
- SOUR CREAM: I use full fat sour cream. You can also use Greek yogurt.
- PAN SIZE: I use a standard loaf pan (1 lb. Pan: 8″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ high)
- PREPARE THE PAN: Make sure to line your loaf pan with parchment paper before adding the batter. You can also use cooking spray to prepare the pans if you don’t wish to use parchment.
- STORAGE: You can keep these loaves on the counter at room temperature while you are enjoying them (up to 2 days). Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container or ziplock bag, or wrap them in plastic wrap.
- FREEZING: These loaves freeze well. Store in an airtight ziplock bag and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: Feel free to add chocolate chips or chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans. About 1/2 cup.
- Can I use frozen shredded zucchini? Yes, just make sure to thaw it first, then squeeze out excess moisture.
Have a delicious day!