This Plum Loaf Recipe makes a delicious and tender loaf. Made with fresh plums this bread is sweet, spicy and so scrumptious!
This recipe is a great way to use up the less desirable plums you have sitting in your fruit bowl…you know the ones…they’re sad and a little shrivelled and no one will eat them? Yes those. They’re perfect for baking!
Sweet and Tart Plums are delicious in cakes!
Plums are SO delicious when they’re baked into a sweet cake, they provide the perfect amount of sweet and tart to the loaf. Plums also look SO pretty when they’re baked…they turn into this gorgeous deep purple colour.
Moist and Spicy!
The base of this loaf is a sweet vanilla cake spiced with ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. But what really makes this loaf delicious is the addition of sour cream. Yes. Anytime sour cream is added to a cake, it’s guaranteed to be moist and flavourful.
The Finishing Touch
I like to finish off these loaves with slices of plums added to the tops of the batter before baking. It’s a delicious and decorative touch!
Plum Loaf Recipe Tips:
- Plums: You can use any type of plums for this loaf recipe. My favourite are the prune plums (or sometimes called sugar plums).
- Pan Size: I use standard loaf pans (1 lb. Pan: 8″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ high)
- This loaf freezes well.
- Make sure to line your loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Add sliced plums to the tops of your loaves before baking, for a delicious and decorative touch.
- Allow the loaf to rest for at least 1 hour before eating it
More Delicious Loaf Recipes:
Have a delicious day!