This Strawberry Beet Salad is a fresh and delicious summer salad! Roasted beets and fresh strawberries are a match made in heaven!
Oooooh do I have something scrumptious for you today…strawberries, strawberries and more strawberries! It’s that time of year when the markets are full of sweet and flavourful strawberries, and I couldn’t be happier about it. I buy pints of them and we eat them au naturel as often as we can, but there are so many other ways to enjoy these delectable little summer berries! They make tarts, cupcakes, sweet buns, salads and cheesecakes mega delicious. But honestly, the best way to enjoy a strawberry is picking them right from the field, all warm from the sun…we have a couple months until we will be able to do that. I can’t wait to take the kids out to pick! For now, I will enjoy our market berries!
A Fresh and Delicious Summer Salad
I wanted to make something a little unexpected with strawberries, so I made a Strawberry Beet Salad. Beets and strawberries are amazing when paired together, especially when the beets are oven roasted. By roasting the beets, their natural sweetness and amazing flavour are enhanced, making them perfect with fresh strawberries.
The beets and strawberries are then tossed in a sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette, and topped off with crumbled goat cheese. So basically this salad is amazing. Ah. Mazing. Fresh, healthy and loaded with summertime flavour.
- Allow for 1 1/2 to 2 hours to roast your beets. Or use cooked leftover cooked beets to speed things up. Sometimes I will roast a big batch of beets either in the oven or in the crockpot, on the weekend to use throughout the week in different recipes.
- This recipe is best enjoyed right away.
- This salad is delicious with BBQ chicken and fresh bread. A healthy and complete meal you need to try!
This Strawberry Beet Salad is a fresh and delicious summer salad! Roasted beets and fresh strawberries are a match made in heaven! Allow for 1 hour and 30 minutes to roast your beets.
- 5 medium beets
- splash of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- roasted beets
- 1 cup cubed fresh strawberries
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- First roast the beets. To do this, I trim off the tops and bottoms of the beets, then cut them in half and place them in the centre of a sheet of tin foil, drizzle them with oil and wrap them up in the foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients, and set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Once the beets have been roasted, remove the beet skins then cut the beets in to small cubes.
- Then add the beets, strawberries and onions to a pretty serving bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese and extra fresh ground pepper.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
This salad is best enjoyed right away.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: beet salad
More Delicious Recipes with Strawberries:
Now that you’ve got this salad recipe to try, here are 14 more delicious recipes that you need to check out…if you love strawberries then I promise you, you will find something here you need to make!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Food Mamma
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Covered Strawberries by 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes by She Bakes Here
- Rituals + Strawberry, Rhubarb, Ginger Shrub by Eating Niagara
- Strawberry Beet Salad by A Pretty Life
- Simple Macerated Strawberries by She Loves Biscotti
- Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles by Homemade & Yummy
- Strawberry Ice Cream with Drunken Rhubarb by Sugarlovespices
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with Toasted Almonds by Crumb Kitchen
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Streusel Buns by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Strawberry Rolls with Basil Cream by The Cinnamon Scrolls
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lavender Lemon Cream by My Kitchen Love
- Strawberry Streusel Shortbread Bars by The Bluenose Baker
- Strawberry Vanilla Cream Tart by Tiny Sweet Tooth
- Yogurt Cake with Roasted Strawberries and Rhubarb by Making Healthy Choices
Have a delicious day!