How was your weekend? Did you managed to get snowed in with the rest of us in the Northern Hemisphere? Or are you a lucky one living in the beauty of year round summer? I dream of summer…all…the…time. But enough about the weather…let’s talk food. I love food. I love eating it. And I love experimenting with it.
Lately I’ve been having some fun in the kitchen, whipping up some dishes that I wouldn’t normally think of making for everyday life. But sometimes meal time can get very tedious, so I figured we could all use some adventure at our table. And that doesn’t mean meal preparation has to be complicated. In fact, I think some of the best dishes are the easiest! Take this Caprese Salad for example! Easiest dish in the world to make. Really it is.
And the flavours. Wow! I’d have to say that one of my most favourite flavours in the entire world is fresh basil. Combined with beautiful fresh tomatoes and creamy Bocconcini cheese, and you have the most delicious salad ever. Or appetizer. Which ever.
I love everything about this dish in all it’s cuteness with the mini Bocconcini cheese and mini tomatoes. Love it.
Not to mention the fact that it takes about 5 minutes to make. Now that’s my kind of dish!Print
Easy Caprese Salad
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 cup mini Bocconcini cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the cheese, tomatoes and basil.
- In a separate bowl mix together the balsamic vinegar and oil.
- Toss the salad with the balsamic dressing.
- Sprinkle on fresh ground pepper.
- Let the salad rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. You can also make it about an hour ahead of time.