Spanish Rice…A Recipe Follow Up
Hi! What?! I’m posting on a Saturday? A Saturday night to boot! What’s up with that! I know how to party I tell ya.
Well I had a request…a couple actually…for the recipe for ‘that rice’ in my Mexican Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Butter post. So here it is my friends, Spanish Rice! And because every post needs a pretty picture, I’m posting one you’ve already seen before…
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/4 cups rice (use any kind you like – we use brown rice)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 to mato (chopped)
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat, then add the onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and saute until the rice starts to brown lightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, and salt. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid – about 15 minutes.
- Then at this time, add the kidney beans, red pepper and tomatoes, and cook for about 5 more minutes, until the rice is tender.
Recipe adapted from 200 Easy Mexican Recipes
Oh—wow!! This looks just as wonderful as it did the first time!!
How sweet for you to post this one for us!! Thank you!!
Can’t wait to try it!!
And thank you for taking the time to post this– especially when you’re so busy getting ready for your conference trip!!
Hope it all goes well!!
Found you through ILO 🙂 Rice is my favorite food (seriously, I know) so I’m going to have to try this. How delicious does that look!? Thanks for sharing it!
This looks amazing!! Thanks for posting the recipe. Cannot wait to try it!!!