These Easy Meatballs with Gravy Dinner is a quick and delicious meal that the whole family will love. Hearty and tender meatballs with rich gravy are perfect over mashed potatoes! Ready in less than 1 hour.
The one meal I know my kids will always eat, is meatballs. Meatballs with spaghetti, sweet and sour meatballs, stroganoff meatballs, and meatballs and gravy. And I love that because meatballs are one of my favourites too. What I also love about them is how easy they are to make.
Ready in less than 1 hour!
This Meatball and Gravy dinner is quick and simple, and can be on your table in less than 1 hour. So not only are they fast, but all the ingredient to make them are simple too. In fact you probably have all of them already.
A rich Homemade Gravy that’s easy to make!
For this recipe I make simple ground beef meatballs, and create a gravy made out of consomme. I always try to have consomme on hand because I use it in so many recipes, but it is the best when used to make gravy. You can use beef broth, but I find that the flavour isn’t as rich or deep as consomme. I use 2 cans for this recipe because we like loads of gravy…everything must be drenched in gravy. Yes.
Perfect for any night of the week.
So good served over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes (also over warm buttered noodles). Yum. A perfect weeknight dinner…I hope you enjoy it!
Meatballs Recipe Tips
- Meatballs: This recipe is great with homemade meatballs or store bought meatballs.
- Meat: I use lean ground beef for these meatballs, but have also used a ground beef and ground pork (or ground turkey) combination meatball.
- Gravy: Consomme or Broth? I always use consomme for my homemade gravy because I love the deep rich flavour of it. But you can use a broth as well…beef or vegetable, depending on what you are looking for (beef broth has a little more rich flavour). If you’re going to use broth, use the most rich one you can find.
- Garnish: Garnish with a tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley or green onion.
- Meal Idea: serve with mashed potatoes (hot buttered pasta is delicious too) and steamed green beans or simple green salad.
- Leftovers: Any leftover meatballs and gravy can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or they can be frozen.
- Meal Prep Tip: Double the batch and freeze half for later. To freeze place the raw meatballs on a baking sheet then freeze. Once frozen transfer the meatballs to a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
FAQs about these meatballs
PIN IT for later!
Have a delicious day!