Hey! I’m so happy you are here today! I feel like chatting…
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my blog, and where I want it to go. I love my blog and all the opportunities and friends it has brought my way. I honestly don’t know what I would do without it, and without you all reading along. I’m so appreciative of you all! More than you can ever know! 🙂
So that brings me to what I’d like to do differently. I’ve been toying around with the idea of getting more personal here on my blog. More personal, more regularly, and not the TMI kind of personal I promise, haha! I want this to be a place where you can come for great recipes and crafty bits, but I also want to offer you more of myself. More of me. I want to open up and share more of my everyday life.
I guess I’m really looking for community over here at A Pretty Life.
I want you to get to know me more, and in turn I get to know you more. What do you think?
I’m going to try to open up, and let my ‘real’ voice shine through (and hope that you still like me!).
Be more true to myself and who I am.
So I should probably start off by telling you a few things about myself that you might not know already:
- I live in the suburbs of Canada. Hence the name of my blog. Or the original name I guess: A Pretty Life in the Suburbs…which takes me to the next point…
- I don’t like the original name of my blog. But when you randomly decide one day to start a blog, and you are left deciding on a blog name that you have no idea isn’t something you can change so easily in the future, that leaves you kind of stuck with it. Mental note for those ever thinking of starting a blog…be sure of the name you choose. You’re stuck with it. It’s really, really hard to change. I’m slooooooowly changing mine to A Pretty Life…dropping the ‘in the Suburbs’. Eventually.
- Moving on. I’m 37 years old. Sometimes I honestly forget how old I am. As in I forget my age. Yikes. I think it’s because I still think I’m 25. 😉
- I’m a mother to 3 littles. I’m a stay-at-home and work-at-home mom. Staying home with my kids is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Don’t get me wrong, I’m SO thankful to be able to do so, but man, is it hard.
- I’m fiery. And I often bite my tongue, holding back what I really want to say. I’ve even thought about starting another blog called: “What I Really Want To Say Is…”
- Sometimes I’m like a giggly teenage girl. I love silly shows like Vampire Diaries, and books like Twilight. But I’m kind of all over the place with my movies, TV shows, books and music. I really just love it all.
- I’m kind of just all over the place in general. That’s how I roll. I like to keep things interesting. Life is too short.
- I’m passionate about food, home and love.
- I believe in the power of food to heal.
Now I promise I won’t bombard you with stuff about me like this all the time! I thought I might as well just dive in today and get the ball rolling! Now I want to know more about you! Tell me, what part of this great world do you live in? What are your passions? Tell me about yourself! I really want to know!
So then, let’s chat over a good meal, because what’s a get together without food?!
After all, it’s over food that the really great and real conversations happen! So, for dinner I made you some Roasted Coconut Lime Thai Chicken.
This is a good one. It’s an interactive meal. The get-your-hands-dirty kind of dinner.
So fun and delicious! With all the fresh flavours of Thai food: coconut, lime, ginger, garlic, cilantro…divine!
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
I hope you enjoyed dinner and our little chat.
Thank you for reading with me today! I hope you stick around so that we can get to know each other. Leave a comment, and tell me a bit about yourself too! Or tell me what you’d like to see more of over here at A Pretty Life! More recipes? More crafts & DIY? A link party? Anything!
I look forward to getting to know you better!