This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is a perfect summer dessert! The tang of the rhubarb with the sweetness and flavour of the strawberries makes this dessert a family favourite! And it’s amazing served with vanilla ice cream!
– – – – – –
I cannot believe the size of my rhubarb this year. I mean LOOK at how gigantic this leaf is! I wonder if it’s because we’ve had such a warm and humid summer thus far, so everything is growing larger than normal or what, but I’m impressed. And the best part is that even though the stalks are huge too they’re not woody and dry like you might expect. The rhubarb is tender and delicious making it perfect for eating. (Just the stalks though…rhubarb leaves are poisonous!)
Anyway, with leaves this big you can imagine how much rhubarb I have to contend with right now, so I’m doing my best to eat it up. This weekend I made the most delicious crisp, so I thought I’d share the recipe with you again. It’s a perfect summer dessert because it’s very easy to make and it’s SO good served with vanilla ice cream.Print
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (cut up into small pieces)
- 1/4 – 1 cup sugar (you decide how sweet you want it. I use 2/3 cup sugar.)
- 1/4 cup water or fruit juice
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven proof dish, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, and water/or juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, sugar and butter.
- Then spread oat mix on top of your fruit.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Let rest. I think it’s best served after it has sat for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
– – – – –
I think I’ll make another this weekend, or maybe a pie. Hmmm decisions, decisions.