This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is a perfect summer dessert! The tang of the rhubarb with the sweetness and flavour of the strawberries makes this dessert a family favourite!
A classic easy and delicious recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. Strawberries + rhubarb = match made in foodie heaven! This perfect summer dessert is amazing served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Summer fresh rhubarb, yes please!
I cannot believe the size of my rhubarb from my garden this year, I mean LOOK at how gigantic this leaf is! I wonder if it’s because we’ve had such a warm and humid summer thus far, so everything is growing larger than normal or what, but I’m impressed! And the best part is that even though the stalks are huge too they’re not woody and dry like you might expect. The rhubarb is tender and delicious making it perfect for eating. (Just the stalks though…rhubarb leaves are poisonous!) I can’t wait to get baking with it! First up, Classic Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.
About this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp:
The fruit filling of this crisp is both sweet from the strawberries and tangy from the rhubarb, which is the perfect match! It’s topped with a delicious buttery oat topping that’s almost like a soft oatmeal cookie. SO GOOD.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe Tips:
- RHUBARB: Use fresh rhubarb. You can use frozen fruit but it tends to be more wet and could result in a runny crisp. If you choose to use it, don’t let it thaw first, just add it frozen.
- STRAWBERRIES: Use fresh strawberries. Again, you can use frozen fruit but it tends to be more wet and could result in a runny crisp.
- OATS: You can use rolled oats or quick oats (not instant oats).
- LEFTOVERS: Keep any leftovers of this dessert covered or in an air tight container in the fridge.
- CAN THIS BE FROZEN? I don’t recommend freezing crisps.
Strawberry Rhubarb Recipes
PIN IT to make later!
I think I’ll make another this weekend, or maybe a pie. Hmmm decisions, decisions. Have a delicious day!