This Strawberry Rhubarb Cake is amazing. Theres’s no other way to describe it…it’s tender and full of delicious strawberry and rhubarb flavour!
– – – – – – –
I finally got my hands on some rhubarb!! Last spring my rhubarb was amazing and I had more than I needed, but this spring we accidentally removed it when we took apart our garden! Sad face. So when spring rolled around here with my rhubarb craving in full force I went on a grocery store hunt for it and came up empty handed…until I finally spied some this weekend, so I bought almost every stalk. I had to though, I needed to make a rhubarb cake, this rhubarb Bundt cake in fact!
Do you love rhubarb? I am realizing that a lot of people don’t even know what rhubarb is or how to use it which I find kind of shocking. I think I must just take rhubarb for granted because I’ve had it all my life…coming from a family of farmers and gardeners, rhubarb was always around, big giant plants that never got used up because of the sheer volume. Oh how I would love that…
Anyway, I’ve been wanting to make a Bundt cake with rhubarb for ages, and this weekend I finally got around to making one, and I’m thrilled at how it turned out! For all of my vanilla Bundt cake recipes, I use basically the same base recipe and just tweak it for which ever flavour I am making at the time. For this particular cake I wanted to use strawberries, rhubarb and yogurt (ever since I made my Chocolate Bundt Cake with yogurt I won’t make them any other way. The yogurt makes it so tender.) This Strawberry Rhubarb Bundt Cake is on my spring must-make list from now on!
Use an 8 cup Bundt pan.
Strawberry Rhubarb Mix:
- 1 1/2 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup yogurt (a thick yogurt with the consistency of sour cream: Greek yogurt (Balkan yogurt))
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep your Bundt pan by spraying the inside of the pan with a baking spray containing flour (you can find this spray in the baking aisle at your grocery store). This step is so important if you want your cake to slide out of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the chopped strawberries and rhubarb with the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk and yogurt.
- To the butter mix, add 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 the yogurt/milk mix. Repeat until all combined.
- Put clumps of the cake batter around the bottom of the pan, followed with the strawberry rhubarb mixture, and repeat until finished.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate.
Enjoy this cake on it’s own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. So so good.
– – – – – – – –
For more strawberry rhubarb recipes, check these out!
Have a delicious day!