Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs
One Dish Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes dinner is a simple and quick dinner idea. Ready in 1 hour and costs less than $10 for a family of 5!
When I set out to make this chicken dinner, my intent wasn’t to make a budget meal, but it just ended up that way. I bought a tray of 8 chicken thighs for $4 and had some potatoes in the pantry, and a delicious and budget friendly meal was created! The whole dish for my family of 5 cost less than $10! That is amazing. And the best part is that this dish is delicious, and will make an appearance again!
Chicken Thighs are Inexpensive and Delicious!
Here is where I admit that my kids have been spoiled. 95% of the time I buy chicken breast, so they have become used to eating white meat. I do love chicken breast, but I also enjoy the darker cuts of meat…and I especially like how inexpensive they are to buy. I mean, I can’t pass up a $4 tray of chicken! The key is to prepare the thighs in a way that they are full of flavour so the kids won’t even miss what they’re used to. These Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes are that kind of dish…flavourful!
A simple and super flavourful meal!
This One Dish Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes dinner was a hit! The chicken is tender and flavourful, the potatoes cheesy and buttery…so so good. You’ll be scraping the bottom of the pan for all the good bits!
Ready in 1 hour.
You can have these Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs ready in less than 1 hour! Easy, inexpensive and fast. And made with simple, fresh ingredients. Love it.Print
One Dish Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
This One Dish Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes dinner is a simple and quick weeknight dinner idea. And costs less than $10 for a family of 5 to make!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 5 – 8 chicken thighs (with skin attached)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven proof enamel pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the olive oil.
- Stir in the minced garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken thighs, skin down, and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes, until the skin is slightly browned.
- Turn over the chicken thighs so the skin is facing up.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasoning salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add the chopped potatoes (around the chicken), and stir them around in the garlic butter mixture, until they’re fully coated.
- Put the pan into the preheated oven and cook for about 25 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the potatoes and chicken.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for about 5 – 10 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked through.
More Delicious One-Dish Dinners:
- One Dish Roasted Sticky BBQ Chicken Dinner
- One Pot Roasted Chicken Dinner
- One Pot Coconut Chickpea Dinner
- One Pot Oven Roasted Bone In Pork Rib Roast with Vegetables
Follow my Chicken Recipes board on Pinterest for more delicious ideas!
Have a delicious day!
Looks delicious! Stopping by from Tip Me Tuesday.
Thank you Carol!