One Dish Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes dinner is a simple and quick dinner idea. Ready in 1 hour and costs less than $10 for a family of 5!
When I set out to make this chicken dinner, my intent wasn’t to make a budget meal, but it just ended up that way. I bought a tray of 8 chicken thighs for $4 and had some potatoes in the pantry, and a delicious and budget friendly meal was created! The whole dish for my family of 5 cost less than $10! That is amazing. And the best part is that this dish is delicious, and will make an appearance again!
Chicken Thighs are Inexpensive and Delicious!
Here is where I admit that my kids have been spoiled. 95% of the time I buy chicken breast, so they have become used to eating white meat. I do love chicken breast, but I also enjoy the darker cuts of meat…and I especially like how inexpensive they are to buy. I mean, I can’t pass up a $4 tray of chicken! The key is to prepare the thighs in a way that they are full of flavour so the kids won’t even miss what they’re used to. These Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes are that kind of dish…flavourful!
A simple and super flavourful meal!
This One Dish Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes dinner was a hit! The chicken is tender and flavourful, the potatoes cheesy and buttery…so so good. You’ll be scraping the bottom of the pan for all the good bits!
Ready in 1 hour.
You can have these Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs ready in less than 1 hour! Easy, inexpensive and fast. And made with simple, fresh ingredients. Love it.
One Dish Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
- 5 - 8 chicken thighs with skin attached
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven proof enamel pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the olive oil.
- Stir in the minced garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken thighs, skin down, and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes, until the skin is slightly browned.
- Turn over the chicken thighs so the skin is facing up.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasoning salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add the chopped potatoes (around the chicken), and stir them around in the garlic butter mixture, until they're fully coated.
- Put the pan into the preheated oven and cook for about 25 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the potatoes and chicken.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for about 5 - 10 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked through.
More Delicious One-Dish Dinners:
- One Dish Roasted Sticky BBQ Chicken Dinner
- One Pot Roasted Chicken Dinner
- One Pot Coconut Chickpea Dinner
- One Pot Oven Roasted Bone In Pork Rib Roast with Vegetables
Follow my Chicken Recipes board on Pinterest for more delicious ideas!
Have a delicious day!