These Halloween Jello Skulls are a fun and easy treat to make for Halloween!
I think Halloween is such a fun time of year…I know it’s technically only one day, but my family enjoys the couple of weeks leading up to Halloween as well. During this time we decorate the house, shop for costumes, make crafts and enjoy pre-Halloween treats (I can’t resist those little chocolate bars either)! So when I was asked to try out this Nordic Ware Skull Cakelet Pan I couldn’t resist because I was imagining all the fun I could have with it!
I have always loved Nordic Ware, and own several of their pans already, including my favourite Bundt pan that I used to make this chocolate cake. I know when I bake or create with their products, the results are always amazing. They know kitchenware…in fact they have been around since 1946!
Anyway, I decided to think outside the box when I decided to make something with this Skull Cakelet Pan. My kids LOVE jello, and honestly I don’t make it very often, but when I do they are thrilled. Honestly, what better time than Halloween to make a jiggly, wiggly dessert?! And one filled with spooky treats?
To make these jello skulls, I used 2 boxes of jello, and some Halloween gummy candies. I wanted to fill them up with gross but delicious candy, so I added some gummy teeth and worms. Too fun.
I’m so happy with how they turned out, and the kids loved them too! Wouldn’t they be great for a Halloween party or dinner? Just think of all the fun things you could make with this pan…chocolate cake with a spooky red jam centre, or rice krispie treats, or even ice cubes for a Halloween punch.
Halloween Jello Skulls
Halloween Jello Skulls with Gummy Teeth and Worms for a spooky Halloween dessert!
- Prep Time: 240 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 (85 gram) boxes of jello (flavours of your choice (one package will fill three skulls))
- gummy candies (I used gummy teeth and worms)
- Make the jello according to package directions.
- Evenly distribute the jello liquid in the cakelet pan, each box of jello will fill 3 skulls.
- Let the jello cool slightly (just a few minutes on the counter).
- Then add the gummy candies of your choice.
- Chill overnight in the fridge for best results.
- When you are ready to remove the jello skulls, place the pan in a shallow dish of warm water for about 1 minute (you don’t want the jello to melt). DO NOT immerse the pan, you just want the metal bottom to be in the water. The warm water will help the jello release from the pan without sticking.
- To get the skulls out, place a cookie sheet or large serving tray over the top of the cakelet pan, then holding the tray tight to the pan, turn it over. The skulls should easily slide out.
- Now enjoy!
Keywords: Halloween, Halloween food, jello
Have a spooky day!
Disclosure: Thank you to Nordic Ware for providing the Nordic Ware Skull Cakelet Pan that I used to make these fun and spooky Halloween treats! All opinions and thoughts about this pan are my own!